i need help on tyres !!!!!!!!!

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Why not stick with the maxis if your happy with them otherwise check out yokahama super digger. They are a great tyre that won't break the budget. You may want to check out Kumho radial powerguard for the mud pattern.

I've been running Maxxis Bravo 761 A/Ts now for the past 6 months/5,000kms and have no complaints at all. I reckon they're about the best value for money around. I haven't heard anything bad about he 751s either so I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yea, I second that. I've never run Maxis but I am a firm believer in the old saying "When your on a good thing - stick to it".;)

Bruzer

I've been running Maxxis Bravo 761 A/Ts now for the past 6 months/5,000kms and have no complaints at all. I reckon they're about the best value for money around. I haven't heard anything bad about he 751s either so I don't think you can go wrong with either.
hey mate whats 761s like are they chuncker then the 751s and what did you pay for them do you have any pics i havent heard of them and would like to no a bit more about them plz mate if you could CHEERS!!!!!

hey mate whats 761s like are they chuncker then the 751s and what did you pay for them do you have any pics i havent heard of them and would like to no a bit more about them plz mate if you could CHEERS!!!!!

Here ya go.. these aren't mine but a good pic to show what the tread is like. If I remember correctly I paid about $190 a corner fitted (235/70 16) from Bob Jane. Have a look on the Maxxis website as well:
MA-761 Bravo Series

IMG_3649.jpg

20070818-173748.jpg

jack48

:confused: i dont no what tyres i should get i need good sum sugestions on sum good A/T tyres with out braking the buget wen i go on tracks i never no what to expect sum times its muddy or rocky but i need them to be resonablely good on the road so if anyone has any idears plz!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Try Silverstone 117. They won't break the bank and are similar pattern to BFG AT Regards jack j

Last edited:

jack48

Try Silverstone 117's, They Won't Break The Bank And Are Similar Pattern To Bfg At's @ 2/3 The Price, Hope This Helps Jack1948

4WDN

4x4 Earth Contributer
4wd Action this month has a good tyre comparo, worth a look if you are after new tyres.

Yarrum

Bruser, in the budget range there are Nankang Conquerers. I am running standard size on a Pajero, 235-75-15. They have done 50,000ks and still have a little life left in them. They are good on wet bitumen and performed well at Landcruiser park. I can't vouch for side wall strength as I have not spiked one to test it. They don't make the Conquerers any more, but the same tread pattern is sold under a different name (Sava ??) I am happy with them and will be putting Nankangs on again. I got a price from Kmart tyres last week: $152 fitted and balanced. They will cost a little more for your 'Cruiser.

Yarrum