I love making my own tortilla chips!

johnwalker1

The pandemic has made snacking more difficult for me, but I was craving chips and salsa. I've been trying my best to limit my trips to the store, so the last time I went I got a huge pack of tortillas. I brushed them with oil, sprinkled some salt on them, cut them into wedges and threw them in the oven. They came out great and I may never buy chips again. I never would have tried this had it not been in the middle of a pandemic.

Triton14

The pandemic has made snacking more difficult for me, but I was craving chips and salsa. I've been trying my best to limit my trips to the store, so the last time I went I got a huge pack of tortillas. I brushed them with oil, sprinkled some salt on them, cut them into wedges and threw them in the oven. They came out great and I may never buy chips again. I never would have tried this had it not been in the middle of a pandemic.
Not a new thing, next time maybe don't buy the packet of pre made tortillas & make you own from scratch.

When you can do this plus make a few home made dips & show me a picture of a nice spread with a cracked Corona(beer not the virus) then you will get a like form me :p

Warby

Not a new thing, next time maybe don't buy the packet of pre made tortillas & make you own from scratch.

When you can do this plus make a few home made dips & show me a picture of a nice spread with a cracked Corona(beer not the virus) then you will get a like form me :p
Tough crowd. haha

Triton14

Tough crowd. haha
Well, being a chef it would come more easy to me of course but opening a packet, cutting some triangles & throwing them in the oven doesn't scream innovation or high skill level to me.

@johnwalker1, the challenge now is to try making your own ;)

Maybe I am just having a Gordon Ramsay @#$%^&* grumpy week :p

Last edited:

CTL

Aren’t all chefs like Gordon Ramsay? I worked in a few restaurants and bars as a young fella and when I first saw Ramsay, I said to myself “what a nice bloke, wished I could have worked for him”