I have been offered this....

No info yet. Other than a trusted advisor knows the owner / truck.
More info as it comes to hand.
Would this be a 1HZ ?
IMG_3809.jpg
IMG_3808.jpg

UPDATE.

1HZ. NA
315,000klm
3rd owner (last 13 years)
92 model.
Pump / injectors / LSD and CV's done recently.
Apparently in good nick for what it is.
No good for me, but a very rare and interesting truck. It's a proper 70, not a Bundera...
Owner is going to take advantage of the crazy prices at the moment (fair play to him) Think circa 30k
It's in NSW
It will be advertised on CarSales in the next week or so if anyone wants to keep an eye out for it.
NOTE: I can not source any further info than I have listed above.

Josh.

John U

Looks well looked after.

Bundera had the plastic lid on the back. I had one briefly as a work car. Was indestructible but had the turbo taken out of it. Wouldn't pull the skin off a custard.

Yup. I suspect this N/A 1HZ would be as slow as a wet week. But I also bet it'll still be trucking at 500,000 klm. I think it would make a good truck for someone. But not me, as I need something capable of long days in the saddle / big distance, which I suspect this would not be great for. Owner said so too..

cam04

70 series shorty early 90’s - they called were a noddy wagon because the heavy engine up front made them bounce down the road.

phs

It is either a BJ70 or FJ70 with an engine conversion

They come out in aust with a 3B or 3F motor.

Rusty Panels

Actually it should have plenty of grunt in a SWB. It would be far lighter than a wagon. The dreaded rust was the main enemy in that era!

cam04

It is either a BJ70 or FJ70 with an engine conversion

They come out in aust with a 3B or 3F motor.
That was the original series. Then there was the hilux based bundera, then there was also the PZ70 (1PZ 5 cyl diesel), then finally they did a HZ70 for the very last ones in the early 90’s before they were discontinued here - if I remember correctly.

Rusty Panels

It looks very tidy for the age. I would be paying special attention to all the lower areas for any rust or rust repairs. That is definitely the killer. Having a 1HZ would make it a giant killer in my opinion. My first 4Wd was a BJ40 with the 3.0 litre 4 cylinder diesel. Great truck and engine but, to have much the same with a 1HZ is the stuff dreams are made of.
I would love one of those with the right gear on it!

phs

That was the original series. Then there was the hilux based bundera, then there was also the PZ70 (1PZ 5 cyl diesel), then finally they did a HZ70 for the very last ones in the early 90’s before they were discontinued here - if I remember correctly.

The bundera RJ70 was the local jap model the

BJ/FJ70 was the heavy duty version designed for Australia

I had a BJ70 back in 2008, I had researched a lot about what versions they had and Motors available, there was the 13BT ( a factory turboed 3B ) the 3B and the 3F

Only ever seen or heard of HZJ/PZJ 73 not 70s

I don’t think they ever sold anything in a 70 other than the BJ/FJ unless they were a grey import

as for comments about rust my BJ had 0 rust in 2010 all original 370km on the clock

was super slow rolling 33x12.5s, it would see hill the the A1 head out southgippy way and would be flat out 110 at the bottom and be doing 65 by the top.

the worst hill was the one heading into Marysville it would go From 100 back 40 by the top

the 1hz would be a lot more drivable

phs

7A9C2E76-3B2B-4CB4-8EA0-D2A4799B5E8D.jpeg
B0A5F4DF-07C2-4D92-8676-55CB461A2005.jpeg

sold it early 2013 for 5k more than I purchased it for in 2007

funny every Landcruiser we have owned we have sold for more than we purchased it for years later, same would go if we sold our 200

Last edited:

SuperSteve

We had a Bundera when I was a kid. I have a soft spot for the shortie cruisers, but unfortunately no money to buy one. :D

McGinnis

Awesome looking 70, the price is high though. It appears to be in great condition.

There were such things as swb Landcruisers with 1HZs (HZJ70/71 and HZJ70/71V), but they're super rare. I'd be interested to know if this is really a HZJ70, or if it's a converted BJ70.