I had to laugh - aka personalised plates

muddier

I've been seeing a car driving around my neighbourhood with personalised rego plates, reading 'iced'.

The car? A Volvo. Clever.

Walkabout

Are custom plates cheap in QLD ? down here that would cost about $450 a year, all so you could drive around in an iced volvo ? thats 2 kinds of crazy.

BUSHNUT

How i came to have personalized plates

I was always of the opinion that to have personalized plates was a sure sign that you were a wanker .

I now have as most of you know BSHNUT . That came about is that my two sons really got back at me and got them for me one Christmas. Everything was okay until the first outing with our LOOSE Nuts 4WD GROUP, they noticed them almost instantly and knowing my earlier views on personalized plates, gave it to me big time, hanging it on me real bad .

Inwardly , I smiled, my sons had got back at the old man in a most creative way and the fact that they knew how the pack of b#stards I hang around with would react, it was a double whammy .

I am happy with the fact that they thought of something that would reflect a crafty sense of humour with a tint of revenge .

Split pin

I was always of the opinion that to have personalized plates was a sure sign that you were a wanker .

I now have as most of you know BSHNUT . That came about is that my two sons really got back at me and got them for me one Christmas. Everything was okay until the first outing with our LOOSE Nuts 4WD GROUP, they noticed them almost instantly and knowing my earlier views on personalized plates, gave it to me big time, hanging it on me real bad .

Inwardly , I smiled, my sons had got back at the old man in a most creative way and the fact that they knew how the pack of b#stards I hang around with would react, it was a double whammy .

I am happy with the fact that they thought of something that would reflect a crafty sense of humour with a tint of revenge .

Bushnut.
I know how you feel No1 son ( otherwise known as the imortal) has got me like that as well sunk by my own petard:eek::eek:.But revenge is sweet lol.
I used to state never leave home with out using a check list ................ Well it got me one weekend when I forgot to repack the winch controller and got stuck. Well he had his and hasnt let me live it down. Now when we go for a run or camping he always says to me or the wife has dad done his list and checked it twice:mad::mad:

ChallengeLee

Are custom plates cheap in QLD ? down here that would cost about $450 a year, all so you could drive around in an iced volvo ? thats 2 kinds of crazy.

Personalised plates up here are a one off price once you purchase them..mine cost around $450

I just used my initials and birth year but it wasn't till on a trip out one weekend when a forum members mate asked if l really was a lemon....hmmm... l may be single but thats not the reason why!!!! Now everytime l look at them thats also how l read it :mad:
To make it worse my sister in law has the same initials just a different birth year....lol.... wasn't she surprised when l told her what they thought of mine...lol

Attachments

• number plate.jpg
    number plate.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 78

Walkabout

Personalised plates up here are a one off price once you purchase them..mine cost around $450

I just used my initials and birth year but it wasn't till on a trip out one weekend when a forum members mate asked if l really was a lemon....hmmm... l may be single but thats not the reason why!!!! Now everytime l look at them thats also how l read it :mad:
To make it worse my sister in law has the same initials just a different birth year....lol.... wasn't she surprised when l told her what they thought of mine...lol

Mastercard: Buying a Mitsubishi Challenger to go wheeling $4000-$12000
: Buying personalised plates LMN-65 to reflect your name and birthday $450
: Being asked if you really are a lemon:eek: "priceless" !! ROFLMAO:D

muddier

As Challenglee has mentioned - they're a one-off fee up here, and then you've got it forever. No yearly maintenance fees or anything. Small transfer fee if you're changing ownership but that's it. My wife has had hers on three different vehicles over the last seven years without a single charge.

There's a range of different plates at different prices. The standard ones, in a range of colour, are $495. But you have to have letters and numbers.

Themed ones run from $465, and Euro style plates are $595, but you have to have letters and numbers as well.

Then there's prestige plates, which are a different physical construction, can be had in a range of colours, and can have all letters (up to 6) - such as 'iced'. They're $2295. Used to be quite a bit less.

More info at Private Plates Queensland.

ChallengeLee

Yeah good onya Gordon...you'll keep too.....lol:D

Split pin

Love it Gordon Priceless.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

knot_gillty

We got a set of personalised plates about 8 years ago. GILLTY. Had them on a VX Commodore then traded it on the missus Xtrail. They dont look the same on the Xtrail.

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
We got a set of personalised plates about 8 years ago. GILLTY. Had them on a VX Commodore then traded it on the missus Xtrail. They dont look the same on the Xtrail.
Ummm the way Maz drives........You think they don't suit. LOL:D:D:D:D:D