I bought a Disco $800 td5 auto 7 seater

muc the truck

All up its cost me $860 so far .
Tyres are great , engine would not start (loose fuel line caused air and they didn't know how to fix it ) runs great after purging .
Auto is slipping as its done 350,000 . Its has 15k worth of receipts from first owner that sold it to a native Australian 9 months ago, whom I bought it from . The seats will not come clean so they will be reupholstered. Roo blood or something . OH and the smell .
But in all I think I just bought the cheapest td5 series 2 update. everything works as it should except the auto .
No 3 amigos . air suspension is great .
I think the Colorado is going t a new home . As I want to do a ground up rebuild on this one

Attachments

Seems like a good buy. Probably cheaper to swap seats out with another set. Swap auto out with another one (or rebuild) and you good to go. Quite jealous actually

muc the truck

Lets the oil stains begin.
there will be no oil leaks by the time I finish with I . I fixed them on my Es . looking through over 15k of service and repair dockets I can see why these vehicles are so often not serviced when the dealer charges $42 for every sump plug oring on every oil change . Almost every service was 900-1500 dollars

muc the truck

It needs a fuel pressure regulator as its leaking diesel from it . and the smell gone from the cab , do i lite a match to the interior and buy another from a wreck i don't know.

callmejoe

It needs a fuel pressure regulator as its leaking diesel from it . and the smell gone from the cab , do i lite a match to the interior and buy another from a wreck i don't know.
If possible source another interior. That smell will never completely come out. You'll clean them, air them, dry them, double check them and all out side in the shed you'll think your on a winner and back in they go. Then 1 sticking hot day, the 4by all lock up tight you come back open the door and than "mysteries" smell will reappear..
Burn burn it alllllll.

Batts88

Good buy a snorkel would be a big benefit unless Rover repositioned the air intake on their later models when I had a 2001 model the air intake is in a bad spot and sucks up sand as well as a lot of dirt. They are very good on fuel especially when towing.