I Almost Missed It

Ol' Harley

Well done!

I once spoke to a professional photographer who said the two biggest lessons he'd learned over the years were 1) always look behind you, and 2) never be in a hurry to pack your gear away, because you never know what the light is going to do.

Toddyh

That's good advice. I always say get there early and leave late which equals the same thing I guess.

Ol' Harley

I've done a bit of bushwalking as well as 4WDing around the Blu Mountains / Newnes / Bathurst / Lithgow. Getting early (or late) to the spots where not too many others go and getting a good shot makes it worth it (OK, except when you're getting older and have to lug the tripod as well...)

Toddyh

I lug my backpack with 2 camera bodies, tripod, 2 lenses, video gear and drone pretty much everywhere with me. It's a pain but almost always worth it.

Toddyh

That would make a great wall pic at 9.06 sec magnificent range of colours well done.
Thanks. I hope so. I always like the let them mature a little before adding to my website but this one should go up soon.

Ol' Harley

I lug my backpack with 2 camera bodies, tripod, 2 lenses, video gear and drone pretty much everywhere with me. It's a pain but almost always worth it.

I still like to head out on foot from time to time, and while I don't carry quite that much, I almost always have an SLR, usually two lenses, and a compact tripod of some sort. Then I add the first aid kit, water, something to munch on, etc. I want to know why it always seems to weigh more coming out than it does walking in!

Toddyh

I still like to head out on foot from time to time, and while I don't carry quite that much, I almost always have an SLR, usually two lenses, and a compact tripod of some sort. Then I add the first aid kit, water, something to munch on, etc. I want to know why it always seems to weigh more coming out than it does walking in!
and why it's always up hill on the way back.