How to save yourself a 50km walk.....carry a PLB in your vehicle

Triton14

Lucky they have the VHF signal also then.
I was under the impression that the 406MHz signal was the identifying signal picked up via satellite & the 121.5MHz signal was the more accurate one used by air & sea rescue?

Reactions: CTL

dusta77

Do you ever stop and think about what you write or does all that dribble just flow naturally ?
To paraphrase what you said, forget about a sat phone just keep you 4WD in good nick and carry a couple of grand in the bank and don’t get bitten by a snake o_O

i don't think bru thinks before posting anything on this site, all i see him post is incoherent dribble

John U

Is this GME PLB a good bit of gear?

I like to buy Australian made when I can.

Rusty Panels

I have one in the glovebox.

They are pretty compact and come in a pouch that fits on your belt along with a lanyard if you want to carry it around your neck.

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

Is it any good? I certainly hope so but guess I won't find out unless I need to use it.

Triton14

That was my 1st PLB never had to use it in its life but the main reason I went KTi this time was you get another 3 years out of it as it has a 10 year battery guarantee.

Now that KTi is in foreign hands well I guess thats a decision people will make one way or the other.