How to get rid of red dust????

discomatt

After our recent outback trip the car and camper have some very stubborn red dirt stains on rubbers, chassis rails and suspension components.
I have washed both car and camper several times and it still remains and short of scrubbing every square inch with a tooth brush and wheel cleaner I have no idea on how to get rid of it and that is just not practical to get all the nooks and crannies under the car.
Does anyone know of any spay on product that will do the job ??
This is killing my OCD:mad:

mac_man_luke

Its terrible stuff to get rid of, you can use magic erasers on rubbers along with a rubber treatment but you will have to rub the whole lot.

Even once you get it clean, next time it rains it will start bleeding out again haha

bit late now but i saw a tip recently for suspension, chassis, engine etc is to coat everything in lanolin and then clean with mild degreaser after and it looks like new.

discomatt

I found the solution, ignore what you cant easily see , scrub around the rubbers with one of Liza's bathroom cleaning brushes. She is out shopping and I think its used to clean grout in the shower, shhh don't say anything;)
And make a concoction of ally bright, degreaser , and CT18 , spay it on let it soak for 15 minutes then wash off with the pressure cleaner, clean as the day it came off the assembly line, almost...

Chatty

Lol
I would have to disagree , having a great woman in your life is worth more than 20 cars !:)
I didn't say that a good woman was better than a good car - I said they're harder to find.:p
Lol
And if you can't clean it yourself on your own , she can tell you how to do it properly :)
Yeah, ain't that the truth :) Trish is expert at telling me how to clean the car. Not so expert on doing it herself. :rolleyes:

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
All I can say is Good luck - I think if you put the whole vehicle under water you would still come up with some.
Clean your vehicle to the best of your ability & then a week later put a hose up the drain plugs in the doors particularly the rear & see what happens.
In my case the dust will probably take another $5 of the trade in value (Apart from the holes I drilled in the dash - ripping out seats etc):cool::D

denmonkey

doing a couple of beach runs seemed to work for me after the desert for the exterior but the interior was a strip out, blow with air compressor and elbow grease. ;)
What Todd said.
I reckon a good beach run works wonders for getting the mud and dirt out of those hard to reach places.
Tires come up a real treat.
In the end sand is easier to get rid of . still shit but easier