How much torque across an axle would be = to locked.

cam04

Sand is such a variable surface. I saw real time traction control in action at landcruiser park hill climbs a while back. OMG it was good, but the car was a mobile computer to run it. One day….. that would be nice up the beach. You’ll no doubt ending ‘driving’ your diff by seat of the pants and get a decent result on any surface.

Dave_w

Sand is such a variable surface. I saw real time traction control in action at landcruiser park hill climbs a while back. OMG it was good, but the car was a mobile computer to run it. One day….. that would be nice up the beach. You’ll no doubt ending ‘driving’ your diff by seat of the pants and get a decent result on any surface.

I think the Porsche TC (2008) stuff is out of date, you can watch it attacking an obstacle and it almost comes to a stop before the TC cuts in. It's too late then, it's lost all the momentum.

Dave_w

For anyone following up on this.

I've done some research and still don't have a definitive answer but.... best poorly educated guess....

I'm going to start with 2,000Nm, and think I might end up with a bit more. I don't think there will be that much grip under almost any smooth delivery circumstances and it will provide some shock relief when it's bouncing.

The big, over engineered, axles for a Patrol are rated around 8,000Nm safe working load, (one actually failed in a test by Harrop at way more than that) So I might be a bit on the soft side of just right.