how high is too high for a swb maverick

Willow_23

hey guys,
i'm looking at giving my maverick a lift kit and i'm wondering what's too high and what is the best brand.

98GU

How long is a piece of string :) Really depends on what you want to do with it? Touring, Hardcore, rockhopping etc Each of these would require different set ups and products and could give some others here an idea of what info to replly.

I have seen Shorty's with 6" or better but they do become quite top heavy at this height. IMHO I would take it out first and see what it is already capable of in standard form and go from there.

Having said that I would love a shorty GQ/Mav with a 4" lift and 35's for some serious playing :D:D

Willow_23

thanks for your reply, i've just put some 33"s on it so i'm thinking of a 3" but 4" would go well to:)

road rat

g'day mate imo 2" is the right way to go you can fit bigger rubber, forget the body lifts but all deppends what suits you dont fall into the (my mates got 4" so ive got to go 5") go talk to a 4wd shop tell them what you do mostly and they will taylor a kit for your needs:D:D:D hope that helps mate

Grumpy

2inch lift and 33s will get you anywhere you want to go and if the laws change shouldn't affect you too much.

Walkabout

2inch lift and 33s will get you anywhere you want to go and if the laws change shouldn't affect you too much.

True - and it means you are not forking out the $$$ for dropped radius arms, steering dampner, adjustable drag link etc and issues getting the thing to drive properly on the blacktop.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
A friend had a Maverick SWB with 2" lift and was going places a LWB with 4" suspension lift + 2" body lift couldn't. When you lift over 2" you will be hit with additional costs to extend brake lines.

teza h

Agre with Grumpy,Walkabout, with a shorty you dont need a lot of lift to get the same or better resolts as a L W B. The closer your axles are to gether the less lift you need.

Pure Yobbo

A friend had a Maverick SWB with 2" lift and was going places a LWB with 4" suspension lift + 2" body lift couldn't. When you lift over 2" you will be hit with additional costs to extend brake lines.

There are ways and means to get away without needing new lines. And good suspension shop will know how. You also need to extend the proportion valve arm.

SWB like to go for a sleep when they get to high up (roll over). There is heaps of info around do a search and see how you go.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Brake lines are about the cheapest part of an above 4 inch lift. The rest of the gear hurts more. I'de 3 inch or 4 very maximum. With new brake lines, it's probably due for newy's anyway.

GQ_MARK

ive got a 5 inch lift in mine, 3 sus + 2 body running 35 inch pedes, anything taller and your prone to rolling it on it side, and youll have dramas like trying to get the vibration out of the rear tailshaft. my 2 cents. - good luck with it.

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
with my old shorty i was runing 5" coils 3" boady and 36 wranglers if you spend the wright money in the wright areas you will have an unstopable rig
i could through it in to a corner on road doing 110k and it was rock solid but off road i could soften the shocks and it would climb anything and side angle wasent a real dramer off set rims make a world of diference :D
sad i sold it

Last edited: