how high can i go?

bigredmav

hi guys,
i was looking to get a 2inch lift on my mav. wanted to do a suspension lift and a 2inch body, just wondering if i would need to extend my brake lines etc.... if i did this?? or can i go higher without extending??? and prices for one or both :D

Last edited:

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Mate, you can go as high as you like! 10 inches can be done. Ask yourself first, what am I gunna do with it and how much do I want to spend?? Budget first! 2 inch is cheap, legal and safe. Anything higher at least doubles the price. There's heaps of threads in the teck talk section covering ALL suspension topics. Have a look.

Cheers

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Agree with Frosty. Over 2" will incur extra costs and that will include lengthing brake lines and any wiring. 2" will only be springs and shocks. May want to get some of the bushes checked and repalced at the time.

InSanE

yes that is correct with a 3" lift you only need caster bushes, but any higher then that you will need adjustable panhard rods, caster plates, extended brake lines and if your on gas a J arm for the rear upper control arm so it does not hit the fuel tank.

croozza

hi guys,
i was looking to get a 2inch lift on my mav. wanted to do a suspension lift and a 2inch body, just wondering if i would need to extend my brake lines etc.... if i did this?? or can i go higher without extending??? and prices for one or both :D

If you do that you are legal, any more and you are not. You will need to replace only the front brake line, as the old front brake line goes to the back and you get a new one for the front.

Traveller

If you do that you are legal, any more and you are not. You will need to replace only the front brake line, as the old front brake line goes to the back and you get a new one for the front.

You sure, on a GU the rear goes to the front and put a longer on the rear.:confused:

ZORDO

You will need to replace only the front brake line, as the old front brake line goes to the back and you get a new one for the front.

Wrong way round .
First at 2" you don't have replace any brake line
At 3" you can just get away with out brake lines
Any higher you change the rear line & use the old rear line on the front
Cheers

fullboar4x4

Lifting your mav/patrol would be more dependent on what you want from it than anything else, im running 2 inch body and 2 inch spring, 3 1/2 inch shocks,
i have no prob running 35 BFG's but i did need to do the rear 1/4 cut to run 35 simex and not have them touching under full compression.
I have been lifting and modifying 4x4's for about 23yrs now,
With mav/patrols i have found that some need panhards at 2-3 inchs and some dont.
The best way to workout what you want to do is go and see people with them, drive a couple of lifted patrols and see what they are like off road,
Everyone reacts differently to a lifted vehicle off road, then there are the things like sways...no or off, brake lines, diff breathers, how good are your control arms bushes and more to think about.
You more than welcome to email and ask whatever you want or to meet with some of us one day and spend sometime driving some of our vehicles, we have 4 or 5 patrols at different heights and extras.
bren