How did everyone spend Easter 2010

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey all, just curious as to how everyone spent Easter this year.

KT and I went up to our secret Mill camp for the weekend. We left Thursday afternoon only to find we ourselves getting hammered by a big storm at Boonah. It didn't deter us so we pushed onward and the sky cleared by the time we reached our destination. It was a really lazy weekend but we did get a surprise visit from kiwijaz and missmel and a couple of other Patrool enthusiasts. We took a nice steady drive up through Condamine Gorge and back to camp.

On Sunday I finally got to do my trip to Sundown National Park. Pauly16 wasn't scared so he and Larisa joined us for the day. It was as rough as I remember it all those years ago. There are some great tracks to play on and some really nice campgrounds. I'll post the GPS track as well as the campsite as both were fun. Burrows Waterhole was amazing. I would really like to get back there to camp however for us around the greater Brisbane Area, we would really want to do it over at least 3 days minimum. It isn't so much the trip down as in the rough, very rough trip in. It is quite slow going and might be a bit of a challenge for some campers. The whole trip definitely calls for high clearance. There were a few Prado's in there and they were eating up the tracks with the traction control but i'm sure they all did some underbody damage on the large rocks as I did.

I didn't get any pics of the Prado but you've all seen her in action. Here are some good pics of Pauly16 in action. The winch did get a bit of a workout but they were all deserved recoveries. Paul really put that hilux in some precarious positions and I didn't see any sweat rolling of his face either. A classic example of what 4X4 Earth has to offer people new to four wheel driving.

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I went camping at Sparks near Lamington. Did the tourist things and drank coffee with impressive views. Did get a run down Duck Creek and tracked through to Beaudesert. Wasn't a trip like Sundown NP but it was relaxing.

[YOUTUBE]PNrLREkGJsY[/YOUTUBE]

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
I Worked!!!!

But I reckon Big Rwig should organize a trip to Sundown in a few months!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well i'm hoping that we are doing either the Simpson or the Cape in a few months.

MJB

spent a couple of days relaxing at Saunders Gorge & drive around the surrounding countyside

Attachments

• P1010590.JPG
    P1010590.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 90
  • P1010584.JPG
    P1010584.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Lucky bugger. KT and I camped just near where your third pic was taken: i'm assuming you just crossed a little creek. Well just up and on the right, we spent a week there dueling with the brumbies.

Dusty666

Blobbed out on the coutch
Sorry I couldnt have a cool trip story for ya's
I watched the cats win Awsome Game

Jeeptheone

Easter was spent letting the kids search for tadpoles and frogs, play in the water and watch dad get stuck! Ah the Aussie bush is awsome

DSCF4265.jpg

DSCF4270.jpg

DSCF4271.jpg

DSCF4268.jpg

JTO

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Lucky bugger. KT and I camped just near where your third pic was taken: i'm assuming you just crossed a little creek. Well just up and on the right, we spent a week there dueling with the brumbies.

Thats the one, just before Davies hut. BEAUTIFUL spot!
And yeah Go Cats!

kiwijaz

best we get onto that!! We might have to have a Barby and a thousand Coronas to slorrt it out!

This weekend??:D

I got this weekend off im keen to crank up the BBQ!! And yea i dont need to put down what i did cause Big Wrig has already told you all but apart from that day run like Frosty i worked.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
best we get onto that!! We might have to have a Barby and a thousand Coronas to slorrt it out!

This weekend??:D

I gotta work on Saturday : Sunday might be a go but i'll have to let you know. We do need to get shit sorted tho..

RKD

Had a wonderful 4 day trip to Mungo lake NP via little towns (yes i know huge detours off Hume/Sturt but well worth it).
Lots of time looking at stuff like this:
IMG_4441.JPG

and
4496532112_a5957a1160.jpg

to get to see stuff like