Hopeless DIYer

Toby1Kenobi

Gday all,
I drive a V6 Amarok and tow a FF off-road camper. I’m based out of NT and NQLD. I’m a top-shelf tightass that loves buying the best kit then ruining it by doing a DIY install.
I’m keen on driving tracks that lead to off grid camping, swimming and fishing spots.

CTL

I reckon you are the same as a lot of campers going by the comments/questions I read on social media.
Welcome to Earth. Enjoy

Triton14

Welcome aboard :)

I am & have always been a keen DIY'er for many years & enjoy the challenges

Nothing like testing the mind & expanding your knowledge no matter what it is!

Often having the right equipment, tools & capable location is more the contributing factory the majority of the time.

Enjoy the top end & would be good to here about what diy's youve done ;)

Toby1Kenobi

Welcome aboard :)

I am & have always been a keen DIY'er for many years & enjoy the challenges

Nothing like testing the mind & expanding your knowledge no matter what it is!

Often having the right equipment, tools & capable location is more the contributing factory the majority of the time.

Enjoy the top end & would be good to here about what diy's youve done ;)
For me, every DIY usually comes with a Bunnings trip and a new tool! Most recently I had the Dremel out cutting holes in my stock bumper to fit rated recovery points to my Ute, not an easy task when the Amarok requires you to remove the entire bumper to gain access and the template doesn’t match your model.
For an ROK drivers out there, I can provide my custom template anytime!

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpeg
    IMG_2662.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2671.jpeg
    IMG_2671.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2596.jpeg
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38

boobook

For me, every DIY usually comes with a Bunnings trip and a new tool! Most recently I had the Dremel out cutting holes in my stock bumper to fit rated recovery points to my Ute, not an easy task when the Amarok requires you to remove the entire bumper to gain access and the template doesn’t match your model.
For an ROK drivers out there, I can provide my custom template anytime!
I wish my DIY work came out that neat. Nice.

Toby1Kenobi

Not so much DIY but here are my latest mods. You can probably see in one of my earlier photos that I had bashed in the port side of my stock bash plate. As a result i ordered and fitted some Off-road Custom bash plates. Fitment took about an hour and half, largely due to a lack of clearance and some rusty bolts.
I also found out recently that you can take your car to a magical place called a workshop and if you leave them some money they’ll install a suspension lift if you ask nicely.
So here’s my new Dobinsons IMS all round. You might notice the clearance difference between bash plate photos (excusing the bricks providing fake clearance).

Attachments

• IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    806 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3371.jpeg
    IMG_3371.jpeg
    750.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3372.jpeg
    IMG_3372.jpeg