Holden Rodeo RA / Isuzu D-max - Check 4wd Light

camaulay

I tried accessing the link with instructions about resetting the TCCM but it's not working. Could someone please send me a working link? cheers.

Attachments

• TCCM Reset Procedure.png
    TCCM Reset Procedure.png
    428.7 KB · Views: 381

Billy1960

Thanks so much for the reset instructions. Really appreciate it & I'm also hoping to go thru the reset this weekend.

camaulay

Thanks so much for the reset instructions. Really appreciate it & I'm also hoping to go thru the reset this weekend.
How'd you go mate? I managed to do it by running wire from the terminals on the battery into the 15 and 16 connectors on the right-hand plug while ignition was ON.

Steve P

Hi, new to the forum! Just joined up now after looking for information regarding my @#$% Rodeo not going into 4WD.
Whenever I press the 4H button the 10 amp 4WD fuse under the bonnet blows. I've gone through nearly two dozen fuses trying to get it sorted and I've now replaced it with an auto-resettable fuse just so I'm not going to Repco every day to get another pack.
At first I thought it might be the front actuator dying, so that it's drawing enough power to blow the fuse. So I bought and installed a new actuator, but that's not the problem, as the new one is blowing fuses also. The fork in the actuator will move when I unplug it and jump two of the four pins to a 12v battery. Reversing the polarity moves the fork in the other direction.
It's also not the case that the actuator is having trouble moving the collar on the axle splines, because when I plug in the spare actuator and it just sits on the ground under the car, meaning the fork isn't pushing anything, it also doesn't do anything when I press either the 2H or 4H buttons.
By the way; thank you to @camaulay for posting the wiring diagram of the TCCM, as it's handy to know what each wire does. As part of my troubleshooting I've had to reset the 'check 4WD' light a few times by jumping ports 15 and 16, and I've now attached permanent wires to those ports that will reach out from under the seat so I can reset it using power from the cigarette plug. Saves me having to remove the seat and module, which is a pain when you're doing it for the umpteenth time.
A few times, after mucking around with the car, I would take it for a test drive and it would change between 2H and 4H two or three times, and even allow me to go into 4L, but then nothing.
So where I am at the moment is that when I press the 4H button the green 4WD light will flash 4-5 times then go out, the TCCM will click a few times, but the car won't go into 4WD. What I'm thinking is happening is that when I press the 4H button the fuse blows, but because I've installed a resettable fuse it resets itself after 3-4 seconds, which is why the light flashes while the fuse is still blown, but then goes out when the fuse resets. I know from MUCH experience that when an ordinary fuse blows the green light just keeps flashing until you replace it with a new one.
So I'm wondering if the problem might be the TCCM or the transfer case actuator. Neither is cheap so I don't want to buy one or both only to find the problem is instead a chafed wire in the loom somewhere.
Is the TCCM something that fails often? The car has never been flooded etc so it hasn't been physically affected. The rear actuator is also intact, not knocked around, and the breather hose is still in place.
Looking for advice :)

Mathew ozzy

Just thought I'd post instructions for anyone that has this issue. It's a pretty common fault and I have at least 1 person a week emailing me for instructions to reset it. Holden seem to like the $1200 figure to "fix" it... sheesh.

Anyway, the instructions can be found here:
Holden Rodeo RA 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 / Isuzu D-max Dmax Check 4wd Light Reset Procedure
G'day wedge34 I have the check 4wd light up again & won't clear or reset , I got into this B 4 but am lost again now so far I have bridged 1-9 & 10-16 on the wire harnesse plugs & notice 10 - 16 do not have wire in the terminal.... I watched the video & he instructed to bridge the unit for a reset , which I did with great effort those pins are tiny , I also try'd the 3 buttons 30 sec & then 60 seconds & it cleared but comes back as soon as I try to engage 4wd..... can you please email me any help or exactly what the correct reset instructions could be.... joemathou68@gmail.com
Thanks Mathew
Just thought I'd post instructions for anyone that has this issue. It's a pretty common fault and I have at least 1 person a week emailing me for instructions to reset it. Holden seem to like the $1200 figure to "fix" it... sheesh.

Holden Rodeo RA 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 / Isuzu D-max Dmax Check 4wd Light Reset Procedure

Attachments

• 17125633810521267196359155354134.jpg
    17125633810521267196359155354134.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 17125635242581023424756875616898.jpg
    17125635242581023424756875616898.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 17125635437839203323602117918003.jpg
    17125635437839203323602117918003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

Mathew ozzy

Check 4WD light fixed !

THANKYOU , THANKYOU, THANK YOU THANKYOU !
I cannot thank you enough !
I tried the "pres" the switches" trick on my 2005 RA, but no go.
So followed the 2nd set of instructions - removed seat (14mm spanner) and loosened the controller box (10mm spanner); Inserted the two bits of wire , turned on ign and VOILA !! Magic!

Two spanners, two bits of wire, and a few minutes later have saved $$$ !

This forum is tops ! Thankyou, gents for your spot-on advice :)
The two bridges of wire go in 1-9 & 10-16 is that correct on the wire loom terminal block .....my 10--16 terminals are both empty no wire.....? & How long U keep ignition on to do this..... please? ????