Holden Jackaroo 3.0 Turbo Diesel

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has a workshop manual for a 2001 Jackaroo 3.0 turbo diesel. Or can help me with the following problem, ie what to look for. I drove from Sydney-Gold Coast yesterday and just as I pulled into my place I noticed a trail of oil behind me. My vehicle has sprung a major oil leak. The oil is coming from the passenger side of the engine somewhere around the smaller bypass oil filter. The top of the engine is clean. I have just drained the rest of the oil and there was 4.5 ltrs left so lost 3 ltrs in total. Also degreased it and hosed it off so waiting for it to dry so can have a look. So lucky it only just happened as would have destroyed the engine which has only done 40,000 km's since full rebuild. Any help or ideas please.

bally

Banned
rear main seal could have let go, oil return line could have broken. start it up and look for oil leaking. easiest way to do it.

muc the truck

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has a workshop manual for a 2001 Jackaroo 3.0 turbo diesel. Or can help me with the following problem, ie what to look for. I drove from Sydney-Gold Coast yesterday and just as I pulled into my place I noticed a trail of oil behind me. My vehicle has sprung a major oil leak. The oil is coming from the passenger side of the engine somewhere around the smaller bypass oil filter. The top of the engine is clean. I have just drained the rest of the oil and there was 4.5 ltrs left so lost 3 ltrs in total. Also degreased it and hosed it off so waiting for it to dry so can have a look. So lucky it only just happened as would have destroyed the engine which has only done 40,000 km's since full rebuild. Any help or ideas please.

since its had a full rebuild I assume its under warranty as most offer 100,000km . take it back to the engine rebuilder if it is . if its not , clean it down well , use a mirror and a torch , fill the oil up , start it momentarily and look for were its starting to leak and post a photo here . you don't want ot pay 100 dollars an hour to wash a dirty engine to find out were a leak has accord . You need to find the source and no manual will help you do that .

Problem solved.

Thanks for the replys, found the problem, as they say a 10 cent part will destroy a $7000 engie, the steel pressure oil pipe to the rocker cover has two o rings and 1 had let go, surprisingly the other one wasn't even there. Holden wanted $15 each but managed to get the same part for 0.40 cents from cheaper autos round the corner. All good now besides the mess on the road. Thank God it happened 100 meters from the end of a 900km trip as it lost 2ltrs oil in such a short time. Still would like a manual if anyone knows of one.

Last edited:

muc the truck

Thanks for the replys, found the problem, as they say a 10 cent part will destroy a $7000 engie, the steel pressure oil pipe to the rocker cover has two o rings and 1 had let go, surprisingly the other one wasn't even there. Holden wanted $15 each but managed to get the same part for 0.40 cents from cheaper autos round the corner. All good now besides the mess on the road. Thank God it happened 100 meters from the end of a 900km trip as it lost 2ltrs oil in such a short time. Still would like a manual if anyone knows of one.

be carful with after market oranges and were you put them . look at the temp ratings and cheap black orings are even less than these

O-Rings

Lordranger

I found a manual for my old jackaroo on eBay on cd, very good one too, mine was 3.5 petrol but have seen the diesel ones on there as well.

Kev