Holden Jackaroo 1998

hsvp57

Holden Jackaroo, 1998

Good Points
Goes anywhere.

Bad Points
Has a bad habit of bottoming out at times, but still keeps going.

What mods have you done?
TJM Roof Rack, Airtek Snorkle, Duel Batteries, DVD Player with back seat monitors, Home Built Storage Draws, Jerry Can Holder placed on back Small Door, Cargo Barrier, Waeco 60lt Fridge/Freezer, Hilift Jack on roof rack, Uniden UHF Radio, Uniden Hand Held UHF Radio, Extra Ciggy Plugs in front to charge handheld and Navman, and most used item Long Handle Shovel.

What mods are on the list to do?
Kingsley sidesteps waiting to be fitted, Snake Racing 2 inch Body Lift, Ironman 2 Suspension lift and a set of Mickey Thompson Rims and Baja's.

Why did you buy this vehicle?
Always been a holden man and spotted this in a wholesale car yard, Made the owner a offer he couldn't or wouldn't refuse. Hehehe

How often do you go offroad?
Every chance I get, Even on the way home from work. Some good tracks in Latrobe Valley.

What will your next vehicle be?
Maybe a Crusier

Attachments

• P3146164 (Large).JPG
    P3146164 (Large).JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 322
  • P3146170 (Large).JPG
    P3146170 (Large).JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 276
  • P4136440 (Large).JPG
    P4136440 (Large).JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Radiowaves

I can't find a body Lift for these anywhere, I looked on the Snake Racing Website and can't find anything, Can You steer me in the right direction?

Chucky

I'll check with the outlaws jackaroo, but I'm sure they dont have a seperate chassis, therefor no body lift possible.

They are quite a good truck thou, Isuzu make a good engine if looked after.
I am asuming the lack of bonnent scoop means no diesel engine?
If I'm wroing and it is diesel, ring holden and make sure that your model isn't effected by the injector recall. The inlaws engine blew up at only 40,000km because of this issue. Since the rebuild thou, the thing has crossed every desert in Australia and done nearly every major track in this great land, from cape to vic highlands, pilbra's to Flinders. It's been everywhere and dragged a off road camper along most of it as well.

pipzryd

hey mate i was thinking of making up a jerry can holder for the back like you got... can that little door support the weight alright? also if you bought it how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking....
cheers

hsvp57

hey mate i was thinking of making up a jerry can holder for the back like you got... can that little door support the weight alright? also if you bought it how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking....
cheers

Hi Mate, Sorry to take so long to get back, Been up the Victorian High Country, The Jerrycan holder is from SuperCheap around $50.00. I just removed the number plate holder worked out which holes I needed and filled in the ones I didn't with a bolt and bit of sealastic. You need to remove the inside trim so you can tighten the bolt and nuts, The nut used to hold the jerrycan holder on are the self locking ones. I keep 20 lts of fuel in it and have had no problems both off and on road with it. Hope this helps.
danny aka hsvp57

hsvp57

My 2inch lift comprises of Toughdog Foam Shockers and springs and rockcrawler torsion bars, all up it cost me around $1400. and well worth it, throw in the 31in Maxxis and I have no trouble getting to where I want to go.

Attachments

• dirty weekend 0.JPG
    dirty weekend 0.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 245
  • dirty weekend 1.JPG
    dirty weekend 1.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 181
  • dirty weekend 2.JPG
    dirty weekend 2.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 245
  • dirty weekend 3.JPG
    dirty weekend 3.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 178
  • New 31's and lift now around 4inch 1.JPG
    New 31's and lift now around 4inch 1.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 180
  • New 31's and lift now around 4inch 2.JPG
    New 31's and lift now around 4inch 2.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 204
  • New 31's and lift now around 4inch 3.JPG
    New 31's and lift now around 4inch 3.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 250
  • New 31's and lift now around 4inch 4.JPG
    New 31's and lift now around 4inch 4.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 1,299
Last edited:

hsvp57

My 2inch lift comprises of Toughdog Foam Shockers and springs and rockcrawler torsion bars, all up it cost me around $1400. and well worth it, throw in the 31in Maxxis and I have no trouble getting to where I want to go. And as for a body lift kit I got mine from the parts bin in the usa, it cost $124.00au. I had to join another site so I could get it shipped to Australia. Hope this helps.

i dont no why people say jackaroo hard to get parts for i have brought 3 parts cars to do my only because it cheaper to buy a whole car then parts and cheap first was a se 92 v6 paid 300 and a 92 ls for 400 but this is my car now pit passed and lic with total cost of 1000 and best of them all was the hsv number 99 year 94 v6 auto with blown motor full bullbar scrub and side step that why i brought it cost me 500 and just sold for 500 after i took whot i wanted if u look u can find them for parts