Brandon_rado

Hi everyone,

So I have a 2012 Holden Colorado 4X4 LT DC PU 2.8 MT. I am not an expert when it comes to 4x4's mechanically or electrically and have been having trouble with my 4x4 engagement system. So it all started at home luckily, it was raining and I happened to have parked my Colorado on my lawn which is quite steep. I ended up getting stuck and as always thought it would be great to use my 4x4 no problem.

As I tried to engage my 4WD I realised it was not engaging as nothing came up on my dash as per usual saying 4WD Shift in progress and only rear wheels spinning. The lights on my 4x4 module switch changed lights from 4x2 to 4x4 to 4H and I also tried 4L but the wheels won't engaging at all. I have taken my Colorado to the mechanics and they thought they had found the issue and cleared it digitally as the dash was showing 4WD service!

The other day I tried to engage my 4WD and again there's nothing coming up on my dash but the lights are changing on the module switch when turning.

Any help will be much appreciated as I'd really like to take advantage of the coming holiday season.

CTL

Try this then

AD478058-4370-4D1C-AFAC-271516623B1B.png

CTL

Ah, so it is the current model. Models changed in 2012. I should have looked at your avatar.
Couple of questions.
Are you following the instructions on the driver’s sunvisor, exactly?
Is the breather on the 4WD actuator blocked? When was the oil in it last changed?
When was the last time the oil in the front axle SOTF actuator changed? I would guess never.
Maybe too obvious, but have you got front axle FW hubs? Were they locked in?

Brandon_rado

Yes, I have been following the instructions clearly in order to engage the 4WD. Im not to sure about the 4WD actuator being blocked or when the oil was last changed. I'll check that out. I do have front wheel hubs and they won't locked in. Thank you for your help CTL, very much appreciated.