HJ60 Landcruiser spring over conversion?

BILLBY

leaf over

short reply is ours drives nice with good tight running gear under it whether on the black or dirt yes brake hoses need to longer and then there is camber issues it uses a double cardian front drive shaft also ome longtravel shocks ,if you want to know more contact us . My main issue seems to be axle tramp which i am now researching,:cool: cheers

Jarh73

You might want to consider some track rods to prevent axle tramp.

It can be also be improved with the right compression and rebound rates of the shocks but that gets kinda complicated unless you have all the gear to rebuild and re-valve the shocks.

Google Track Rods and leaf springs.

If you use a rose joint/hemi joint it shouldn't mess with your articulation.

Cheers

Justin

BILLBY

almost

gyday guys just about to purchase a rear set of rockcrawlers with new spring base and bolts for a total of $615 , still chasing info on the the track rods google provided jack.We have been giving the old thing a good seeing to and the noise from the rear spring is pretty sad,someone said their spring shape was a S shape I think ours is more a W and the back has to be 50mm lower than the front . Interesting how the rig flex's I really need a deep offset rim because the front moves thru their travel with no rubbing on anything but at the rear at full articulation with the current set up cleans the guards really well , the new springs will allow a greater ride height, and for the others, this rig eats deep mud holes the extra height gives us a lot more fun ////:cool:

Roughnut

i have an 60 series 2" cab lift new OME 2" lift leaves, 5" extended rear shackles and 3" extended front shackles , with 33" federal M/T tires n all of this gets me virtually anywer i can get traction n there is alot of it!! ive also been thinking about a spring over conversion but not to sure on the price?? does anyone hav a slight idea how much it wood cost??

wantan80

hey mate i have a 60 with the spring ova conversion it is good off road handles like a boat on road very easy to tip i also have 37's its verry big and top heavy providing u do it right it wont handel like a go kart but its awsome off road

5562sean

i have an 60 series 2" cab lift new OME 2" lift leaves, 5" extended rear shackles and 3" extended front shackles , with 33" federal M/T tires n all of this gets me virtually anywer i can get traction n there is alot of it!! ive also been thinking about a spring over conversion but not to sure on the price?? does anyone hav a slight idea how much it wood cost??

Hey roughnut did u need to make any alterations to lift it that high? If so what were they?

BILLBY

coils

instead of air bags has any body put coils in ???
the rear of the truck is my mane concern and weight is something I hope to put more off in as of a wheel carrier
:cool:

BOUNCY HJ61

Greetings Everyone,

Awesome Thread Here.
Hey Billby, How Do Like The Rock Crawler Leafs? Comfortable Ride?

Cheers Bouncy

mbfc4x4

i was looking into this too as i have a 3 springs and 2 inch shackles but the diff is still low as im sick of diffing out

Rumbuck

I know a few people who have done it, you'll need a high steer, buy they go well. Plus can fit 37's under no worried.

Engineers is easy, spoke to my engineer mate in Darwin, gonna do it when I move back up there. He said it's no issue. But state-to-state may vary.

Nathan long

Hi big60 series. Just wondering if you could let me know exactly what you had to modify to spring it over. I already have the mounts welded on. I’m aware of the tail shafts and brake lines. It’s more the steering I’m stuck on. Cheers

Attachments

• FEA38D12-9A20-4EC4-A30C-1380A812E69A.jpeg
    FEA38D12-9A20-4EC4-A30C-1380A812E69A.jpeg
    619.5 KB · Views: 146