Hit a curb

SuperSafari

Hi all,

I believe its part of owning a car, but I just hit my first curb/sidewalk going at 40km/h (completely my fault, wasn't paying attention). It wasn't head on collision per se, but kind of like a scrape on both tires of the same side, resulting in a small jerk in the cabin.

The car is driving fine and is not veering to the left or right when I drive on the highway.. My question is what components would you have checked afterwards if you were in my position?

Anything else I should be looking out for? FYI: I drive a Patrol Y61 Super Safari.

Cheers.

itlldoo

hi mate !
sounds like you have wrote her off mate !:eek:
better go buy at Toyota....:cool:......lol

CTL

If it was side swipe, rather than a direct front on hit, of the curb then you have probably only suffered scratching to the rims. If it was more front on, maybe a wheel alignment for peace of mind.

SuperSafari

If it was side swipe, rather than a direct front on hit, of the curb then you have probably only suffered scratching to the rims. If it was more front on, maybe a wheel alignment for peace of mind.
Thank you, will have the wheel alignment checked.

Cheers

SuperSafari

Maybe stop being so precious. If you use your 4wd for 4wd purposes and have it checked after every bump, jolt or twist of the wheel, you will be able to buy another 4wd with all you spend checking it for damage.
Damn bro, that's tough love right there.. absolutely right tho