Hilux Mirrors

rockydog

Hey Everyone, need a little help/advise

Im trying to find some chrome sr5 style mirrors to replace the little side mirrors on my 2003 doublecab hilux.
Tried the wreckors and no luck, next stop was Toyota. Heres the thing!! ( theres always a thing)
They couldnt use my hilux's model number or vin to order them as my hilux comes with the little mirrors, so they asked me to find someone with a hilux that has the mirrors i want and to get there model number and vin so they can use that to order the mirrors. Why they cant figure it out i dont understand, they have ALL the models on there database i would have thought.
If anyone has done this coversion and knows the part number or can give me a model number and vin it would be greatly appreciated as the little mirrors are blurry as hell and not the best for reversing in tight spots.
Im pretty sure the model that has the mirrors to fit is a 2003 VZN167R. My hilux is a 2003 LN167R.
Thanks in advance for any advise / help

Mudguts

Hey Rocky Dog,

The SR style Hiluxs have quarter windows, the SR5s dont and the mirrors attach in the corner of the window. So it wont be a straight swap. Dont know if you're aware just pointing it out.. and yeah thats the model number of my 03 SR5

rockydog

Hey Mudguts

Thanks mate for the reply,
In front of the quarter window is a plastic cover the same shape as the sr5 mirrors, all i need to do is undo 3 screws behind this cover and use those holes to mount the mirrors, its an exact fit. Ive also made up some alloy plates to cover up the holes left in the door skin, will post pics once shes all done.
I will let toyota know that model number and see what they can do.

Cheers again

Mudguts

Ah okay, my mistake. Hey have you checked ebay? theres a heap of differnt hilux mirrors on there..

rockydog

sweet mate!!

Thanks for the links mate, the part numbers for the ln167r are the same as for the vzn167r so will definately fit. Will let Toyota know tomorrow
I did buy a set off ebay a few weeks back but the quality wasnt very good and they vibrate like crazy, makes changing lanes and reversing a real hassle, which was the reason im changing to these mirrors to begin with as the little door mount ones did the same. Im also thinking of puting a canopy on which will block some vision too.
Thanks again
Matt