• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Hi There; Another ACT Newbie

w4watson

Hiya,
My name is Mark also from Canberra. I'm new to your site but have been around 4WDing for to long to mention here. My past fleet include: '71 Shorty 40 Petrol which I converted from 3 speed to 4, '76 S3 Land Rover SWB with Holden 161 and Fairy Overdrive, 2 stroke Suzi, '81 Tabletop Suzi, '99 Forester, '00 3Ltr Patrol and yes I did have the hole in the piston experience at 178K km, but Nissan came to the party with a free re-build kit - Thanks again Nissan Aus!
Now I have just bought a new (Sept14) Hilux SR Manual. It goes like a dream but I'm paranoid about potential Common Rail problems.
I also still own a small fleet for use on a bush block in the mountains near Canberra, these are: '56 107inch Land Rover, looks rough but never misses a beat and regularly pulls the others out. '84 Sierra, '81 Hilux Petrol that was submerged in the Murrumbidgee for 3 years, recovered, changed fluids, used as a shooting buggy for years and sold to me for $300. I have made it into a fire truck for my block. She goes like a tractor, however the water tank on the back is 1300Lt making it extremely unwieldy when full... which I never do these days... once was enough. She is stable with about 600lt though. My youngest son has a '93 Rodeo Diesel - great beast.

So I spose you can see I've had a bit to do with getting away and getting bogged over the years!!

This is a good looking site.

See you round the Mountains some day!!

Cheers
Mark

itsme

i also joined today and i say welcome as a newbie.. I hope like me you find the pleasure you are looking for ..

stuartiross

Hey Mark, welcome earth. Hope you enjoy the forum. Check out the act earthlings thread

Stu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2