HI Just signed up.

TF2

Planning a trip for 6 months at the end of the year from Cairns to all areas South. Depending on time. It is a big country after all and I want to enjoy it. Am wanting to get into the VIC and NSW high country so any advice will be appreciated. Also after digital maps if anyone has any good suggestions.
Cheers

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
welcome to 4x4 Earth. Digital maps that are at a useful scale is costly and getting them to load on your GPS is another problem.

Smeacs

Banned
Welocome to 4x4earth,

I was talking to a rep the other day about the rooftop maps and their digital versions. They didn't look that expensive and was told that they are quite good. Although I have no idea how they go once loaded up or on that matter what gps units will take them. otherwise oziexplorer seems to be what everyone talks about. Official OziExplorer Web Site - GPS Mapping Software for Tracking and Navigation. Supports Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance and GPS

Again welcome and enjoy you time here..

kyleb

Welcome to the site. I'm not sure of the price of the rooftop digital maps or what format they are in, but if you have a GPS that can be unlocked to run OziExplorer or you have one that supports the rooftop digital maps, you'll be right. There's plenty of people on the forums who can provide information about unlocking various commercial GPS units