Hi from Southern Grampians

2mrvdv

Hi guys.
Couldnt remember my old account but rejoining back up to 4X4 Earth :)

This is my 2010 Great Wall X240. Nothnig special but definitely loves to go offroad.

Cheers
My Great Wall X240.jpg

2mrvdv

so far its treated me alright.. just waiting for a new front diff actuator to come (it's a pain being in the bush and getting down with ants to slide the rod.. it does alright off road.. (i only went on little bit of soft sand, rocks, tiny creek crossings).. its never been used in 4wd before lol.. 195xxxs, waiting for 200xxx so i can do service on the diffs, transfer case, transmission, coolant, oil.. the works :)

Laingy

Welcome back 2mrvdv. I've never been a fan of Chinese cars, after a mate had a bad accident in a Great Wall that was the cars fault. Having said that, each to his own, and like they say "If the hat fits, wear it!"

Stay Safe

Laingy

linuxfan66

Welcome back 2mrvdv. I've never been a fan of Chinese cars, after a mate had a bad accident in a Great Wall that was the cars fault. Having said that, each to his own, and like they say "If the hat fits, wear it!"

Stay Safe

Laingy
I am curious to know the details

2mrvdv

well today I took it up the Victorian Range 4wd track in the Grampians (Victoria).. unfortunately my 4L doesnt work most times so 4H it is but it still got up some small rocky inclines.. bit of smoke from tyres here, bit of bouncey here... but it got up.

The views were spectacular :)

274703372_115063494437895_3933559380719804634_n.jpg

Laingy

I am curious to know the details
OK. My mate, a tradie, bought his GW 4x4 2nd hand and it had 90k on the clock. The price was good and he had it chhecked out in the yard, so he was happy until 3 weeks later he was driving home from work in a slight drizzle when he was cut off by a heavy vehicle across his path. He hit the skids and although he maintained his direction of travel, the brakes were virtually non existent. He let off on the brakes and tried again (in a milisecond,) and the brakes locked up and he hit a tree. He spent 28 days in the RAH with leg injuries and the Police said that all the brakes had seized and locked on in that one second when he applied maximum pressure to the pedal. He now drives a 2nd hand Pajero. I haven't like Great Walls since then! Nuff said?

linuxfan66

OK. My mate, a tradie, bought his GW 4x4 2nd hand and it had 90k on the clock. The price was good and he had it chhecked out in the yard, so he was happy until 3 weeks later he was driving home from work in a slight drizzle when he was cut off by a heavy vehicle across his path. He hit the skids and although he maintained his direction of travel, the brakes were virtually non existent. He let off on the brakes and tried again (in a milisecond,) and the brakes locked up and he hit a tree. He spent 28 days in the RAH with leg injuries and the Police said that all the brakes had seized and locked on in that one second when he applied maximum pressure to the pedal. He now drives a 2nd hand Pajero. I haven't like Great Walls since then! Nuff said?
This is fair and makes sense.

Toyasaurus

Nice picture, I took a few from up there when my brother dragged up to show me his favorite climbing place`s.
He live`s about 15k`s from there.
I don`t mind visiting, but not living there.
He`s quite mad.

P.S. welcome back to earth.

mrvanders

Nice picture, I took a few from up there when my brother dragged up to show me his favorite climbing place`s.
He live`s about 15k`s from there.
I don`t mind visiting, but not living there.
He`s quite mad.

P.S. welcome back to earth.
Cheers
unfortunately the old girl is off the road until I can figure out what’s going on with it

ULost2

lucky you living in that area
Honestly; most 4x4 ''have to have'' requirements as so over rated to the point of being total BS imo. I have been poking around the scrub for around 15 years in less than you ; a stock standard old fashion proper 4x4 2002 Kia Sportage with built in common sense .

linuxfan66

lucky you living in that area
Honestly; most 4x4 ''have to have'' requirements as so over rated to the point of being total BS imo. I have been poking around the scrub for around 15 years in less than you ; a stock standard old fashion proper 4x4 2002 Kia Sportage with built in common sense .
the bigger risks in more minor tracks or paths is shaking your car to death. (see canning stock route or gibb river road) then exceeding your vehicle wheeling capabilities. other risks include beating up plastic bukmpers too much, i strongly recomend bullbars because they save so much hassle for this reason