Hi from SA

switched

Hi guys,

Just came across 4x4 earth through searching for trip reports for tassie. Looks like a great community and Ill be sure to log in frequently.
Anyhow, I have a kitted out prado, looking for some great new places to explore with a tassie trip in a couple of weeks.. so Ill be in the 4wd tracks for the next week or so :D

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi switched,
We did tassie about 5 years ago - had an absolute ball. We were travelling on our own but managed to circle the island on the B and C roads with a few little adventures into the forests. We did it in winter so have learnt that muddys are a must in winter but you should be fine.
anywho
Welcome aboard - there's a wealth of knowledge here you just need to ask and guaranteed someone will have the answer. They're all knowitalls here..... :D

switched

Thanks Ekki, Ill be around checking out the trips looking for some more information. I wasn't quite game enough to go during winter,so we opted for Feb/March hoping the weather will still hold out on us. We are both looking forward to the adventures and cant wait to escape the 'rat race'.
Ill be sure to add to the My 4WD page in the coming weeks...
Cheers

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Welcome to the 4x4 Earth mob switched. Have fun, and might see you out there one day.

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Ekki, Ill be around checking out the trips looking for some more information. I wasn't quite game enough to go during winter,so we opted for Feb/March hoping the weather will still hold out on us. We are both looking forward to the adventures and cant wait to escape the 'rat race'.
Ill be sure to add to the My 4WD page in the coming weeks...
Cheers

If you've got time I would definately do the Western Explorer Route - a great drive through some of the most wild and untouched in Australia. The road is known as The Road to Nowhere as it joins two small towns but cuts off hundreds of miles if you stay on the bitumen. We didn't do any of the beaches on the western side as we were travelling alone and they are minimum 2 car tracks. But Straun and Queenstown are great. Try counting the famous 99 bends road as you weave your way up through the ranges outside Queenstown and take a boat out to Sarah Island. On the eastcoast you must design your route to pass through ELEPHANT PASS and stop for pancakes at the ELEPHANT HOUSE at the top.
.....drool...drool.... ELEPHANT PASS PANCAKES.... drool.....drool...

switched

Thanks Guys!!
DazzGUIV, whats the tassie book worth on the boat? Is it worth picking one up locally?

Ekki,
Thanks for the tips, Ill be sure to research them :D Im a big fan on pancakes also ;)