Hi from Central Coast NSW

Count

Hi,
Very little 4x4 experience and looking to get further afield to spend some more time touring and camping.
Currently driving a '05 Mazda Bravo and seeking some advice on weather to keep this or consider a new rig for future exploration.
My Bravo is setup for limited camping, dual battery system and basic canopy, otherwise is more or less stock with ~180kms.

My family are keen to spend 1-2 weeks in the bush at least a couple of times a year as well as an extended trip every 12 months or so and as such I'm starting to feel the limitations of the older bravo.
Thanks,

CTL

Welcome to Earth.
My suggestion, get some more experience in the old Bravo. Better to get it scratched and bumped than a new pride and joy. When you have been down a few rough and narrow tracks and worked out your limitations, then look for something newer.
Enjoy your new esperiences.

Count

Thanks mate,
I've probably undersold my experience - I've had the bravo for 8 years and taken it through the vic high country a few times as well as through a chunk of outback nsw.
Never any really challenging tracks, most of my off-road driving is in search of good camping / hunting / hiking locations, so any change of vehicle will be in for the same treatment.
Perhaps the best option is to make some changes to the tyres (from AT to something else?) and add a winch and push the car a little more?

My only reluctance in keeping the old girl is the lack of some of the more modern safety features now that it won't be just me in the car, things like: ABS - for example. Just seeking to keep the family safe and have something comfortable/reliable for some longer trips.

krishay66

Welcome to Earth.
Hi,
Very little 4x4 experience and looking to get further afield to spend some more time touring and camping.
Currently driving a '05 Mazda Bravo and seeking some advice on weather to keep this or consider a new rig for future exploration.
My Bravo is setup for limited camping, dual battery system and basic canopy, otherwise is more or less stock with ~180kms.
Speed Test
My family are keen to spend 1-2 weeks in the bush at least a couple of times a year as well as an extended trip every 12 months or so and as such I'm starting to feel the limitations of the older bravo.
Thanks,

Last edited: