Hi from boring Canberra :-)

GLee

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and waiting for my Troopy to arrive in April-May...hopefully. Yes, another LC78 future owner.
I have been buying a lot of stuff to modify the LC78 to a decent daily driver and for simple snow/MTB setup (for the quick weenend getaways). Been ordering and buying stuff over 6mths as supply is limited.
At least the LC78 is easy to modify (everything easily comes apart :)
Have been watching too many YouTube videos and online research forums.
Will most likely do a 4WD course at some stage.

Gil

Laingy

G'day GLee, welcome to 4x4Earth.
You'll find all you want to know on this site, plus some stuff you don't need to know!!! I think if you troll through all the forums you'll find some ideas that may assist you kit your vehicle out, and others may give you ideas to try. No time to start but now! Enjoy and stay safe.

Laingy

smitty_r51

Nowt wrong with Canberra. 2 hours to the mountains, 3 to the snow, 3 to the beach and no real traffic to fight through to get there

ahmedroyc

Hi all,
Nox Vidmate VLC
I am new to the forum, and waiting for my Troopy to arrive in April-May...hopefully. Yes, another LC78 future owner.
I have been buying a lot of stuff to modify the LC78 to a decent daily driver and for simple snow/MTB setup (for the quick weenend getaways). Been ordering and buying stuff over 6mths as supply is limited.
At least the LC78 is easy to modify (everything easily comes apart :)
Have been watching too many YouTube videos and online research forums.
Will most likely do a 4WD course at some stage.

Gil
Welcome to Earth

Last edited:

Ron0z

Nowt wrong with Canberra. 2 hours to the mountains, 3 to the snow, 3 to the beach and no real traffic to fight through to get there
I recall one long weekend during winter. I'd been to the coast for the weekend and on my way back merged with a long slow trail of snow skiers driving back to Sydney, probably. Between Cooma and Bredbo I hardly got out of first gear. I probably did on occasion when I put it into neutral while waiting to drive forward a car's length.