Hi-clone

grit

My understanding is that they may help the air fuel mix on pre-injection (carby) engines. Most engines after '86 have an efficient stoichiometric fuel mix and engine management system. If you really want to improve economy optimise tyre pressure and take it easy.

Some vehicles show marked improvement with higher pressure injectors. You need to ensure fuel supply pressure is adequate for new injectors and that the ECU settings are optimised to suit this new configuration. Depending on the vehicle ecu chip programming can work wonders.

ian059

My understanding is that they may help the air fuel mix on pre-injection (carby) engines. Most engines after '86 have an efficient stoichiometric fuel mix and engine management system. If you really want to improve economy optimise tyre pressure and take it easy.

Some vehicles show marked improvement with higher pressure injectors. You need to ensure fuel supply pressure is adequate for new injectors and that the ECU settings are optimised to suit this new configuration. Depending on the vehicle ecu chip programming can work wonders.

very sound advice. The only benefit of the hiclone is to the maker. $$$$$$$$

BUSHNUT

4x4 Earth Contributer
Everything about POWER, FORCE, LOAD, ENERGY, MASS is all related to Physics, ACTION = REACTION, once you accept this and I hope before you spend too much money chasing rainbows, then you will realize that all these gizmos are Bullsh1t . It is a bit like you can't get power out of a chip.

patrolpassion

Hey mate, I was sucked into thinking I could get a bit better performance out of my old 4.2 diesel slug, should of spent it wisely on a few cartons instead and put it towards a turbo, snorkel, exhaust etc.

grit

Hey mate, I was sucked into thinking I could get a bit better performance out of my old 4.2 diesel slug, should of spent it wisely on a few cartons instead and put it towards a turbo, snorkel, exhaust etc.

with a turbo (preferably inter-cooled) and 3" exhaust the 4.2 is no slug! ;)

patrolpassion

Your right Grit. Thats what I ended up buying a 4.2 turbo,I then put a 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust, and snorkel on and am absolutely wrapped. No more getting overtaken by them Toyotas

Sharky

The hi-clone does JACK SH1T!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER seen 1 make any noticeable gain to ANY car.

I had 1 on my 13.8 sec VN 5L & I took it out..............no difference. I think it actually went marginally better without it.

They were advertised to improve air fuel mixture but the fact is that this gets done inside the inlet manifold, not before it.

The best thing u can do is get fresh, dense air into your motor & make it breath, not restrict it. And by breathe I don't just mean a clean air filter. K&N's etc r good but the heart of a motor is the head. U can increase power, torque & fuel efficiency by fitting oversize valves, higher duration cam & slightly larger exhaust in some cases but these days that is not often. U can easily pump 550HP thru a 2.5" system. Diesels are a different animal but. A snorkel, K&N filter & 2.5" pipe can do much for a stock dsl as can an injector swap.

Last edited:

Knackers

Your right Grit. Thats what I ended up buying a 4.2 turbo,I then put a 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust, and snorkel on and am absolutely wrapped. No more getting overtaken by them Toyotas

that's because they are already in front snatching the pootrol :) :)

Cheers
Knackers

Sharky

Hahaha...........u tell a good joke Knackers

but Patrolpassion, u would've got the same result from a 2.5" normally bent system.
Don't worry about toyotas overtaking u............wait til the road gets rough..........& throw a beer out the window as u pass by :D:D

Last edited: