Hi, Blackout from SA

blackout

Hi all.

Thought I'd join up and get some more track destination knowledge.

Some may have seen me lurking on other forums.

For 3 years I have had a Black 99 100 series 4.5L with injected gas. Other mods include lift, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 800xd, Warn xp9.5, Uniden/RFI uhf kit, GY Mtrs and an endless list of more to add.

I enjoy getting out for day trips and overnighters. It is hard to do in SA, hence why I'm here to find more spots. I do get out maybe once or twice a year for extended tours. But never enough.

Jacked Surf

Welcome to the forum blackout,

Please come down to the Meetup on sunday. Meet some fellow South Aussie 4x4 enthusiasts, Depending on what side of Adelaide you are from, there are members that know the local areas quite well.

Unfortunately there are not that many that are open to the public due to our fine governments gate & padlock system, But there are still a few "Play" areas around the Adelaide Vicinity. or within a Day-Trippable Radius. e.g.Morgan Quarry.

So Welcome to the site and look forward to Meeting you on Sunday if you come.

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hello Chris, I was wondering when you would jump on board here.
I am still only a newbie to the site but find it as good as the others.

Last edited:

blackout

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have submitted a track which is en-route to Morgan, Chard knows of it. Nothing challenging, just a rough back track which is quite fun especially in the wet.

Poolman, I am actually off to Morgan Friday to give some basic 4x4 tuition to a mate. Thanks for asking tho

Grumpy, I would of headed to Glenelg had been a bit earlier than 3pm. I have to work from 4pm mainly to make and supply Chard and the rest of SA with a gazillion litres of FUIC for the week.

Grumpy

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have submitted a track which is en-route to Morgan, Chard knows of it. Nothing challenging, just a rough back track which is quite fun especially in the wet.

Poolman, I am actually off to Morgan Friday to give some basic 4x4 tuition to a mate. Thanks for asking tho

Grumpy, I would of headed to Glenelg had been a bit earlier than 3pm. I have to work from 4pm mainly to make and supply Chard and the rest of SA with a gazillion litres of FUIC for the week.

AH! you will get on well with EKKI and Co they love their FUIC, tell me do they still make FUCM Farmers union chocolate milk, can't get either over here very often.

blackout

The Choc's we make are badged FU "Classic Chocolate" and a Low fat "Feel Good Chocolate". In Vic (Chelsea) they have BIG M, but I think the taste is different.

I am the envy of a few mates, whilst at work there is a endless fridge supply of any flavour to consume.

Jacked Surf

:eek::eek::eek::eek:YOU MAKE THE FUIC:eek::eek::eek::eek:
bow28.gif

PRAISE BE TO FUIC
FUIC.jpg

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Gidday Blackout & Welcom.e
Love the FUIC - in fact the body didn't function properly until we got back to SA and consumed our first litre each.
Millsy - last I heard you had done the unthinkable and give up the FUIC. Maybe it's not true - can't imagine anyone can kick that habit.
BLACKOUT you can be in charge of the FUIC supply on the next get together - does it come in kegs.

Kaz

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
I was off it for about 2 days - between Pine Hut Soak and Dimboola. Broke the fast with a couple of pies and a 'big one' in the Dimboola bakery. Don't think I would last too well out in the Simpson!

Just having a quick snack at the moment, after coming back from my Friday arvo swim - FUIC on the Weeties and Muesli - delicious!

Last edited:

blackout

Thanks guys.
With my work I am an in-plant engineer and I service and maintain the 2 carton filling machines and crate packing/stacking of product. I am employed by Visy and based at National Foods Salisbury. Unbeknown to a lot of people Visy own the carton machines, supply the carton sleeves and provide the maintenance(2 others and myself). We work alongside the National Foods maintenance but they look after everything else. So to the consumers who stick to the cartons are keeping me in the job a big thanks and keep on downing them.

FYI in one week we make around 380,000 units of 600ml Cartons of FUIC!!!!!

I love the job, not just because of the endless supply of FUIC but I get days off during the week and average about 27-30 hours a week, thanks to the best boss in the world.

I'd love to supply FUIC to a meet one day but I can't take that stuff home. I can only take 2L of plain milk home per day. Sorry. I may talk to someone about a one off supply for a get together at cost price. I'll make the enquiry.

I went to Morgan Friday. It's rather carved up from past heavy rain falls. Some sections that were passable last year are now impassable with rain carving up to 1ft deep ruts. Other tracks became easier. There a 2 huge water holdings, in the old quarry itself and the north side where the motor bikes play on the moguls. The latter came up to the bonnet of the 100!!!
The back track I submitted to the forum was a blast with it being still soft from the recent rain falls and plenty of water across the track, putting it this way, mates white paj and my black cruiser are far from those clours now.

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks guys.
With my work I am an in-plant engineer and I service and maintain the 2 carton filling machines and crate packing/stacking of product. I am employed by Visy and based at National Foods Salisbury. Unbeknown to a lot of people Visy own the carton machines, supply the carton sleeves and provide the maintenance(2 others and myself). We work alongside the National Foods maintenance but they look after everything else. So to the consumers who stick to the cartons are keeping me in the job a big thanks and keep on downing them.

FYI in one week we make around 380,000 units of 600ml Cartons of FUIC!!!!!

I love the job, not just because of the endless supply of FUIC but I get days off during the week and average about 27-30 hours a week, thanks to the best boss in the world.

I'd love to supply FUIC to a meet one day but I can't take that stuff home. I can only take 2L of plain milk home per day. Sorry. I may talk to someone about a one off supply for a get together at cost price. I'll make the enquiry.

I went to Morgan Friday. It's rather carved up from past heavy rain falls. Some sections that were passable last year are now impassable with rain carving up to 1ft deep ruts. Other tracks became easier. There a 2 huge water holdings, in the old quarry itself and the north side where the motor bikes play on the moguls. The latter came up to the bonnet of the 100!!!
The back track I submitted to the forum was a blast with it being still soft from the recent rain falls and plenty of water across the track, putting it this way, mates white paj and my black cruiser are far from those clours now.

I have just worked out that I have only consumed about half a day's production in the last 40 years. But that cost me over $100,000!

I reckon National Foods might be good enough to set up a nice new Patrol, decked out with as many Farmers Union adverts as they can fit on it, and I WILL VOLUNTEER TO DRIVE IT ALL AROUND ADELAIDE, AND ALL AROUND OZ, for them. That would cost them only about half what I have given them!