Hi all!

act4x4

Hey guys,

Im relativly new to the world of 4wds. I have recently gotten myself a 95' SWB Pajero, not the most respected 4wds out there but it’s a nice little swamp pig!

Based in the ACT region I have the NSW south coast tracks at my disposal and some awesome national parks/wildlife areas. Have done the Broken Cart trail and some other smaller green tracks and hopefully this weekend will attempt some harder routes with some friends (and recovery gear!).

Now that the bug has bitten me the wallet comes out and the upgrades start. Firstly it will be to get the girl in 100% mechanical running order then comes the bullbar, winch, snorkel along with the 2" lift and suspension upgrade after that I’m sure to be flat broke! Even tho a dual battery tray wouldnt go astray... and CB.. damn when does it end! :)

Hope to get some good info on tracks from this site and maybe even join some 4wding convoys!

Adam

Walkabout

G'day Adam and welcome to 4x4Earth, there is some great wheeling to be had in the Brindabella ranges through to Wee Jasper in NSW and Cooma through to Tumit also.
The Paj is a pretty capable thing ( not to be underestimated ) have fun moding your car.

BILLBY

hallooo

great place to play, start with the radio you can bag out your mates when they get stuck and the swb paj they do go good ( just quietly ).:cool:

act4x4

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Attached I hope is a picture of my Paj as she stands - will post some picture of the various mods as they come!

Just a quick question - does anyone know how close the US Montero is to the Pajero, specifically engine wise?

Cheers guys!

Attachments

• Paj.jpg
    Paj.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 54

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day from SA and welcome.

Wooky says - A Montero is the Paj and the Montero Sports is our Challenger from what I can work out. Pretty sure all the motors are the same for the years.

Our Ekki has 2" lift, snorkel, long range tank, stock alloy bar, dual batteries soon to get extractors, real gem - love her - has taken us everywhere we've asked of her, soon to head up to Darwin then down the West Coast. She may not be the fastest 4by out there but she's bloody comfortable.

Paj's rule....

Last edited:

act4x4

G'day from SA and welcome.

Wooky says - A Montero is the Paj and the Montero Sports is our Challenger from what I can work out. Pretty sure all the motors are the same for the years.

Our Ekki has 2" lift, snorkel, long range tank, stock alloy bar, dual batteries soon to get extractors, real gem - love her - has taken us everywhere we've asked of her, soon to head up to Darwin then down the West Coast. She may not be the fastest 4by out there but she's bloody comfortable.

Paj's rule....

Thanks for the info!! Just took the Paj out the Oulla Fire trail track to the coast and she performed like a gem!

As for your extractors are you thinking of getting Hurricane ones? Im thinking I will put them on mine as well, might get a deal if we get two sets! :)

The more i drive her the more i love my Paj!