Hema on Ipad

GXL4x4

Hi i just got my Ipad3 and got Hema map for it now going thought it and looking around how do you change the speed from mph to klm.

Cheers

Chris

oncedisturbed

If its the same as Ipad 2, select arrow on bottom right for display screen and press the "gear / cog" icon at the bottom centre of screen. Select units then change to metric

If you need to change anything else, hold down on screen for 2 secs then release, heap of blue arrows show up that you can mod to suit your needa

Tap, Tap Taparoo

GXL4x4

Thanks oncedisturbed i have worked it out thanks very much is there any thing else i should know and witch is good to know about the app.

Cheers

Chris

oncedisturbed

Not much else really to say about it except it does take a bit to get use to.

For android you can get Ozi Explorer or Memory-Maps which both run HEMA maps as well as many others

Tap, Tap Taparoo

GPS Guru

I tested out the new triple turbo with the twin 5" exhaust on the GU out the back in QLD. Has it got some grunt! As can be seen on the iPad, I clocked 886 kmh. Can anyone beat that?

Attachments

• Hema Ipad.jpg
    Hema Ipad.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 115

Swaggie

I tested out the new triple turbo with the twin 5" exhaust on the GU out the back in QLD. Has it got some grunt! As can be seen on the iPad, I clocked 886 kmh. Can anyone beat that?

Hiya GPS guru

It certainly has a nice clean look about the mapping on the Ipad.Now i noticed your holder is probably ok for flat areas..but for us down here wheres its rocky/hilly etc..Do they make a holder for that,and if so does it suction cup to the window or have to be screwd to the floor..

Cheers

GPS Guru

The ipad was actually sitting by the right hand cockpit window of a Boeing 737 in a perspex mount that sits over one of the window brackets. The mount is designed to hold charts.
There are RAM Mounts available. I'll make some enquiries. Give me a few days.
Incidently, the picture is an ipad 2 running a Bad Elf GPS. The Bad Elfs are as accurate as the aircraft's GPS. See Bad Elf Ipad GPS - Handheld Systems

red hilux

I knew that was a lie when you said you did it in a patrol. That story would have been more believable if you said it was a cruiser mate. :p

mauriceb

my hemas on ipad

Swaggie, I have a rigid mount by ram mounts bolted to the dash of my GU for the ipad, no worries about hills now :)

Tap, Tap Taparoo

Hi j we have spoken before im still using my 7'' galaxy tab as im still after a program that i can use on ipad with all my ecw and ozf maps .i have given up on bitmap as i am unable to get the correct gps location and the maps take ages to load .what program are you running as im so used to using android .I was looking on ebay for a 2amp ipad charger and found this with the 90mm suction mount so for this price i purchased.could you post a in car photo price and link of your RAM mount cheers WINDSCREEN DASHBOARD CAR HOLDER+CAR CHARGER FOR IPAD 2 | eBay

Last edited:

GPS Guru

Here's a couple more shots of the app. It's extremely accurate. You can just see the groundspeed of 465 knots on the top right hand corner of the screen to the right of landing gear lever.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

oncedisturbed

Hi j we have spoken before im still using my 7'' galaxy tab as im still after a program that i can use on ipad with all my ecw and ozf maps .i have given up on bitmap as i am unable to get the correct gps location and the maps take ages to load .what program are you running as im so used to using android .I was looking on ebay for a 2amp ipad charger and found this with the 90mm suction mount so for this price i purchased.could you post a in car photo price and link of your RAM mount cheers WINDSCREEN DASHBOARD CAR HOLDER+CAR CHARGER FOR IPAD 2 | eBay

This is where I got them

Apple iPad Mount, iPhone Mount & iPod Mount

As for another program other than Bitmap, you would need to look at Memory Map at thie stage

boobook

Hi j we have spoken before im still using my 7'' galaxy tab as im still after a program that i can use on ipad with all my ecw and ozf maps .i have given up on bitmap as i am unable to get the correct gps location and the maps take ages to load .what program are you running as im so used to using android .
SNIP

Maurice,

It was a bit of work but I converted all my Ozi maps to Memory Map. There are a few programs ou there that can automate it somewhat. I did about 400 maps in total, now they rin perfectly on IPAD as well as Android and PC.

You have to buy a $50 import option. Also, re the ecw files, I assume thay are the 250K Australia wide set. If so memory map comes with a newer 250K topo set which is much clearer based an a updated data of what is basically the same map. The new one is much clearer though.

If you are interested let me know and I will detail the process. It is a bit of work though.