Hema on android tablet

4x4 Earth Black Friday Sale

warthogqld

hey all , first question so be gentle haha has anyone tried Hema explora pro on a galaxy tablet ?? if so good / bad / silly ?

mauriceb

Use the search at the top of the screen or go to Forum gps section. This subject has been discussed so many times on so many threads.

boobook

I tried to love it. I have 2 tablets, one is a samsung. I just deleted it on the weekend after giving up.

Memory Map is the go, you can get all the Hema maps and more. Hema 4wd is this as OEM

red hilux

I’ve recently moved to Gaia GPS and living it

2 friends had problem with theirs but I think I have worked out why. ( both android. I’m using apple)

It’s onlya guess but in offline mode you need to be offline. Not online mode with bad reception. Will test this theory next trip

warthogqld

I tried to love it. I have 2 tablets, one is a samsung. I just deleted it on the weekend after giving up.

Memory Map is the go, you can get all the Hema maps and more. Hema 4wd is this as OEM
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Cheers for that it's confusing the reviews say hema 4wd is crap hema explorer good ? no wonder i'm confused

J.J

Ozi on a tablet is the best way. I have one on the ADV bike and in the Prado. Crossed Australia and around WA many times. Details here

Full playlist of home made GPS here

TasmanSam

no
hema has gone downhill lately, since end Nov, beginning Dec. technical issues on their end
totally relying on their name, wont be for too much longer
1+ the explorer ipad app has been broken for months with the last update being put out over 3 months ago which fixed some bugs but introduced others. Support are hopeless (if they even reply at all). My $50 app is basically useless, I wont give Hema another cent.

TasmanSam

I’ve recently moved to Gaia GPS and living it

2 friends had problem with theirs but I think I have worked out why. ( both android. I’m using apple)

It’s onlya guess but in offline mode you need to be offline. Not online mode with bad reception. Will test this theory next trip
Just checked this one out on iPad and I am impressed! Very smooth and detailed, can definitely see myself getting the membership.

red hilux

im happy with the $27/yr subscription

good offline sate

similar but different to hema explorer in regards to operating it.

Was very easy to change over

you would be about the 7th or 8th person Ive converted from hema to gaia

mauriceb

If your having problems on Android with some of the Google play nav apps it may be you need to give the app full permissions including turning off battery optimization in Settings/Battery . If you don't use data or have a sim ,I suggest you hold down the location button or Settings / Location and select gps only. If your caching lots of maps do so on the SD as this allows Android to think easier. I'm current not having any issues with Hema Explorer Android

a1bert

hey mate for all us block heads or maybe just for me Parallels ? please explain if you would
Looks like JJ has not dropped in. JJ has an Apple computer, Ozi Ex don't have a Apple app so he has an emulator, in his case he down loads and pushes the Parallels button and a Windows screen comes up, he can then down load OziEx and all the maps as tho he is working in Windows, he can then transfer the maps to his Androids by putting the relevant maps on a ssd card or emailing them and opening with OziEx on the Android, he places and deletes maps as to where he is going
Think i got that all right

J.J

Sorry, been busy, but the explanation above is good. Parallels is a application, that acts like a windows computer, but runs on the Mac, so I can run Ozi explorer for Windows on my Mac.

J.J

The maps themselves you wouldn't email to the tablet, but all your tracks, waypoints etc you can. They are small.