Hema Explorer App android issues

mac_man_luke

I've given up on Hema, they simply can't make reliable 4wd map apps for some reason.

yea its annoying because when it works its quite good but they they go break it

Also seems to be 100x more reliable and updated on IOS than android but dont really fancy buying a $$$ ipad just for mapping.

Might have to go back to oziexplorer but thats feeling pretty dated and maps are all pretty out of date

mac_man_luke

How is Ozi out dated ? I find it the most up to date.

Pretty old interface, no cloud syncing (for planning or recorded tracks), most of my maps are all 10 years+ old and not many selling new digital maps - know hema are not anymore.

mauriceb

Pretty old interface, no cloud syncing (for planning or recorded tracks), most of my maps are all 10 years+ old and not many selling new digital maps - know hema are not anymore.
Syncing i dont care about i prefer to save my files and a hard copy .gpx file to a folder or to a permanent hard drive . I see many a reporting Hema explorer issues however i dont have any at all . Its not my prefered app but can come in handy on occasions . I also have Hema 4wd on an ipad3 ios 9 this also runs faultless.

hulsty

Sync I hadnt really thought about, interface probably more personal preference, I like the latest update. Maps, they are up to you, Ozi doesnt come with maps, you can buy off their site the 2020 Hema maps. I run a openly available maps which are updated reasonably often.

mac_man_luke

Pretty sure hema dont see digital maps anymore they want you to buy their apps (and hema maps are not great anyway)

There were some free maps that looked promising ill have to try out again (https://www.getlost.com.au/downloads/the-map-table/)

I just liked sync as i can easily look at tracks etc on good maps on the computer and not even have to hook the tablet up
ozi gotta transfer the tracks, upload to something like google maps etc and also dont like how ozi you have to load old tracks if you want to look at them again, hema they are just all there (when it works:mad:)

@hulsty what maps are you running?

red hilux

I think hema has now removed hema explorer from the App Store.
you can only buy the new hema 4x4 Explorer app

Disappointing as you can’t transfer your trip log from old to new.
What happens if you update your old tablet??

mauriceb

Even though the apps been removed from the play store and if you have purchased it and a logged into the same google play purchase account you can still currently install it providing you have the Apk file. V 3.04 is the best runs smoothly imo. Once installed it still allows you to download the maps. Maybe they will shut the link or have forgotten about it. I tried this yesterday on an extra device and works. Personally Hema should have given all paid users the so called new upgraded app for free.
20210210_165033.jpg
20210210_164633.jpg
20210210_164750.jpg

red hilux

I agree.

if you ring and complain, ask them to give it to you for free. They will.
I did. I got the new app for free and subscription

boobook

I wasn't asking your opinion. Considering you don't use android.

Sorry Maurice, I was being flippant. It's their normal support number, I can't recall what that is, but they were very helpful for me and not only gave me the app but 1 year of mapping free. Not a fan of Apple BTW

Last edited: