Help required with headlight loom

Silveredition

Gday guys,
I have had annoying problems with the headlights on my hj61 Landcruiser since I bought it, so have decided to make my own loom... being Negatively switched, it is beyond my limited knowledge, and after spending the last few days searching on Google, I am now more confused than ever!!! Here are a couple of pics of what I have made up so far, and my thoughts - apart from how to switch it, as this is where I need help!!

Silveredition

IMG_4281.JPG
Oops - posted by mistake...
IMG_4282.JPG

Now, I am only doing the outer high/low lights for the moment, as the inners are already on hid's. (But I will rewire these once I have the loom operating correctly)

For the switching I was wondering if the following would work:
For the low beam - wire a male into the factory headlight common connector - going into 85 on the low beam relay, and a male into the factory low beam connector - going into the low beam 86 pin?
I would do the same for high beam except using the high on the factory connector... would this work, or am I totally lost???
Thanks for any help!!

Drew

Alien d2

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yep, hook the common to both relays(85)
The low and high wires from the origional plug can then be used for trigering the appropriate relay(86).

Not my diagram, I made one of these headlight looms for my 80# and works well !!

Attachments

• headlightloom1.jpg
    headlightloom1.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 1,547

Silveredition

Well, so far I have a 100% failure rate... couldn't even get the low beam to work on the loom I made... I tried a few different wiring combinations, but nothing worked.. it is now back to original wiring with a normally operating low beam, with a dull glow coming from the outer h4's when hi beam is selected (but the light bar and HID inners work well)...

For the moment I have given up!