HELP Please.... I have run out of ideas.

cokeaddict

Update for those interested...
Original Post was in april 2015.
Noise / Vibration / rattle, whatever the hell it was has NOt returned. The GQ is running perfectly as it has done from new.
Thank you all again for your suggestions, nothing you guys told me to check was silly suggestions. Its all good to get others ideas. Everything helps.

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well done. Good to hear still going well. I'm getting my old MQ ready for a 4 week trip around Tassie in a few weeks time. So greasing up the chassis, front end and drive shafts. Next job just happens t be the front drive shaft - slip joint and that one pesky Cardan joint nipple that I need the adaptor for. Maybe a couple of Uni joint nipples too. Maybe sealed versions. Then all the diffs and gear boxes. Lot's of checking to do on an old 4x4, compared to these modern cars!

cokeaddict

Well done. Good to hear still going well. I'm getting my old MQ ready for a 4 week trip around Tassie in a few weeks time. So greasing up the chassis, front end and drive shafts. Next job just happens t be the front drive shaft - slip joint and that one pesky Cardan joint nipple that I need the adaptor for. Maybe a couple of Uni joint nipples too. Maybe sealed versions. Then all the diffs and gear boxes. Lot's of checking to do on an old 4x4, compared to these modern cars!
Hey millsy, how did your Tassie trip go mate?

Traveller

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just out of interest coke, did you add any power steering fluid? Had a weird assed sound on mine for a bit, topped the fluid up one day while just looking around, and the bloody noise went away.

cokeaddict

well Traveller......if I didn't experience this myself I would have said your nuts. But I can tell you it was not that and yes I did check it too in the early days.