help needed

cruiser

GRumpy what year model,i have a repair manual here 1983-1996 if it is inbetween those years i'll see what i can find

Grumpy

did a day trip in and out between high and low range several times throughout the day, got to one particular spot and needed low 4 areal steep down hill decent and thankfully when he tried for low the shifter seemed to be locked in high position, unlocked free wheelin hubs in front and had nothing so had to relock hubs so as it would move, we figure by this that the centre diff lock was locked on somehow reversed several times in case it was lockup but this did nothing, thats about it.

Sharky

Yeah rightio :confused:

I'm not a Pajero nut so I'm unfamiliar with the center lock setup but it's gotta be a transfer case issue. How old is the car? How many K's? Has transfer ever been rebuilt?

Grumpy

It's a 1994 model, don't know about the rest, it's not mine u c, a mates, I'm a 80 series cruiser person myself.

Sharky

:D:D

I'm hearin ya! I got a foot in both fires. I have a HZJ75 ute & a GU patrol. I nearly had an 80.......bloody good car, them. The only 4x4's worth owning I reckon.

Grumpy

yes i'm with u on that, dont like the newer ones though, i think there built for city slickers, no offence meant, just my opinion.

robz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi all.
Pajero is fixed.
Removed console, removed hi lo range shifter from top of gearbox.
Reinstated shifter and all works great.
Think shifter jammed on guide plate in gearbox.
Hope it doesn't happen again.
Know how to fix it now.
Took longer to remove console and refit than to fix gearbox.
Thanks to all for comments and help.
Cheers Rob.

Grumpy

Great to hear, thought yesterday that may have been the problem as I told u, are u ready to go and try that track we were at when it jammed.

Grumpy

Thanks to all those who assisted with the problem, finished being a selector fault, all help was appreciated

bt50boy

terrible news but not being a mechanic im thinking you may have lost a tooth or spline and it has got ground up in the transfer case and as such locked it up. thats all i got.