hello from v8 4runner

V8 4runner

Hi all,
Just joined up to this site and thought i would introduce myself.
from Melbourne and have done tracks that are basic right through to not so basic ...resulting in her laying over for a rest..oh well it happens
my 4b is a 95 4runner with 4inches of lift, winch, bar etc.... but the best bit... holden 308 V8
dunno if anyone is interested, but can post pics if you are

cheers

Last edited:

V8 4runner

sorry about the above posts...i have to have 5 to submit photo's...
Here she is when I first got her
before.jpg

After a few mods
tufftrucknoi4play.jpg

And with the new Heart...
random013-2.jpg

not quite finished as there are more mods to come to get her where I want her:D
cheers

Last edited:

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
Welcome to the forum

An unholy alliance there: a Holden V8 in a 4 Runner

BUSHNUT

G'Day welcome to the forum,

Certainly a mongrel truck you have got together there. How do you find the power to weight thing with the lux being so light !

There is plenty of room for the mongrels, in our group, THE LOOSE NUTS, we have 2 right mongrels

photo 1 an 80 series six wheel drive, not a lazy axel but an actual six wheel drive with lockers just in case !

photo 2, a GU with a hummer motor in it with the original auto transmission , took a bit of developement making a chip thhat makes digital talk to analogue or is it the other way around - not my scene, tend put up with this technology, not understand it !

Attachments

• mong 1.jpg
    mong 1.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 98
  • mong 2.jpg
    mong 2.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 103

V8 4runner

Thanx to everyone who has come and said hi..
there seems to be a fair group of victorians on here which should be good to catch up for a beer, talk 4x4 and play in some mud.
look forward to meeting you's
cheers

V8 4runner

G'Day welcome to the forum,

Certainly a mongrel truck you have got together there. How do you find the power to weight thing with the lux being so light !

There is plenty of room for the mongrels, in our group, THE LOOSE NUTS, we have 2 right mongrels

photo 1 an 80 series six wheel drive, not a lazy axel but an actual six wheel drive with lockers just in case !

photo 2, a GU with a hummer motor in it with the original auto transmission , took a bit of developement making a chip thhat makes digital talk to analogue or is it the other way around - not my scene, tend put up with this technology, not understand it !

the power to wight is absolutely awesome... Love it.
so you reckon my 4x4 will fit into the mongrel categoru huh ?
wait till I have finished with her......

cheers

V8 4runner

went out to warburton on the weekend for the first time since the engine swap.
My God, it is awesome.
I thought it was grouse on road.... but offroad... WOW
plenty of berries there when needed, and the torque is insane, just crawling over things at less than 2000 rpm.
love it.

cheers

Pure Yobbo

Thats good to hear it is working out for you.

Whats it like on fuel? What else do you have planned for the rig?