Healesville/chum creek newbie run 3rd march

I'm definitely over dust,

As u know we had a LOT of rain
Also says rain on Saturday.....
Are these tracks you have in mind doable this wet?
I only ask because my limited experience has taught me an "easy" track can be very slippery.......

reddahaydn

what time are you leaving? i was going to go to wombat as I need to be in ballarat by 4ish but am not overly keen on going out by myself if it's meant to be raining.

are you talking old chum creek road? i found a real steel one called rays track i think on the other side of the healsville-kinglake road 2 weekends ago. was easy enough in low range in the dry but would be very slippery in the wet

xjjeep95

Gday all, iv done rays track, its a little ripper, first time in the wet! Bit hairy but doable. All the tracks I intend on doing iv done in the middle of winter. So there just muddy no really steep hills or anything. Just mud rutts and a few hills of low difficulty. I want to leave around 10am not sure when finishing just when ever I either break something or get hungry.... Haha, na all tracks are close to town so you can head off when ever.

xjjeep95

Sorry update meeting location is now at old chum creek store on the corner of chum creek road and healesville yarra glen I will have uhf on chanle 1 for comunication.

It was a good day out, little slippery, less slippery than I'd expected.
We went down rays track and back up.......eventually.
Took me about 4 goes in total as I tried to do it a bit slow.
I really thought I was going to have to christen the winch.
Finally got over the big slippery speed hump 3rd go....
A good day to have a sniff around your backyard!

Thanks Chris for taking us for a spin (literally)
also thanks for dave coming too, and crossing it up in the ruts....
All good entertainment!

C u guys next time.

Yep was a good day out, thanks for chris showing us around, some good tracks out there and not to far to travel.

Cheers David.