Have you been vaccinated yet?

peterfermtech

Yeah. Was probably aware the ground was a bit shaky. But hey Zombies were mentioned and I'm sure even Tony smith would have allowed a bit of latitude with that preamble.

monbeg

Just had mine a few hours ago, let's see how this goes.
Just a bit of a follow up.

Had a bit of a yak with the Doc while I was waiting for the nurse to give me the 15 minute ok to go home.
Apparently if there are going to be temporary side effects they may start to show in 12 to 15 hours after the jab (I am coming up to 11 hours and just starting to feel a bit of pressure on the site on my arm).

One item he did tell me was that in the event of an adverse effect if you turn up at an emergency dept all you have to say is "I have had a covid vaccination in the last 30 days and I now have a severe pain in ........." and that will trigger them to get you immediate attention.
(I guess the same may apply in a Doc surgery).

peterfermtech

On the 15-6-20 in was 15 cases per day just as it is today. 6 weeks later (one half of the time till the second AZ shot) it was 650 cases per day. Fed GOVCO
I still have 6 more weeks till my next shot. If this lockdown had not of occurred because of the SA escapee and subsequent outbreak encouraging people to get tested our Vic. government probably would not have discovered the delta strain until it was way too late. This virus doesn't allow for complacency.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/heal...s-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
GOTTA PICK YOUR WORDS RIGHT MATE . . I addressed you .You addressed everyone. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I think all the addressing was done fine Roger, was addressing the thread direction initially and wasn't going to single out anyone in particular.
If anyone took offence, it was done at a personal level.

Totally against one group of Aussies trying it on that anyone that doesn't agree with their view is a pariah, that are told they are idiots, zombies and should be shot as a fellow Australians . . . I know this last bit was said in jest, but comments like these can resemble woke cancel culture social media BLM type mindset, and that is the pariah of the World right now, spreading everywhere.

No sour grapes at all . . . "I'm happy to see anyone that wants to get a jab right now do so, please have the same respect for those that aren't wanting to partake as yet."

I'll let you go in peace by putting an ignore thread on present and future covid threads, a bit like religion and politics it seems . . . I ask you try and remember it's a free country (still), people have the right to have an opinion different to yours, without becoming cancelled by a mob.

peterfermtech

But apparently it is OK to call out people, or is it sheeple, for being willing to take so called untested vaccines. Things often work both ways but many are blind to the opinion of others.

discomatt

Land rovers

Is that back on topic now
About time, better than this boring stuff, let me know in 2 years and multiple jabs how things are panning out. My LandRovers will still be taking me wherever I want to go without issue

Last edited:

dirvine

I have had the 1st Jab of AZ some 12 weeks ago. Was due for 2nd this week. I have put it back a further 3 weeks as I have been told ( by medicos) that delaying the 2nd shot by 3 weeks increases the Vac potency. Not sure if that true or not but given I escaped Vics lockdown by flying to WA just before the borders closed I am in no rush to return. So the lockout has been both fortunate (no masks, no distancing etc in WA), and a delay in getting 2nd Jab. Just glad Jetstar keep cancelling every return flight I attempt. hopefully might return to an "open" Vic in 2 weeks!!

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just read this in today's herald Sun.
Not sure what the legal implications are, however there is definitely a push to bring it in. Not only in Australia.
Disclaimer... Not my personal opinion one way or the other.
If it upsets or disturbs anyone reading this post, I suggest they contact the Federal Government to air their concerns.

View on page

The jabs and jab nots​

EXCLUSIVE​

TOM MINEAR CLARE ARMSTRONG
Vaccine pass could open door to travel
AUSTRALIANS who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will receive a certificate, paving the way for governments and businesses to enforce tough rules on those who are not inoculated.
The certificate will be available securely through the Medicare app – and eventually added to digital wallets on mobile devices – as the federal government pushes ahead with the plan to help incentivise Australians to get the jab.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison wants fully-vaccinated Australians to be able to bypass state travel restrictions, although the national cabinet is yet to agree, while businesses could seek to use the certificate to withhold services from those who refuse the vaccine.
The Herald Sun understands some federal Liberal MPs are concerned about any government push for Australians to require a vaccine certificate to travel freely.
Opposition government services spokesman Bill Shorten said: “Australians deserve to know when there will be a vaccine certificate system and exactly what they will be used for.”
The certificate will feature a holographic Australian coat of arms, animated green tick and real-time digital clock, along with a unique document number and the personal details of the vaccine recipient, making it impossible to fraudulently reproduce.
Government Services Minister Linda Reynolds said the new record made it “easy” for people to show their Covid-19 vaccination status.
“The Covid-19 digital certificate makes proof of vaccination accessible anytime, anywhere,” she said.
“We’re also giving people control over the level of vaccination history they share, as the certificate only shows your Covid-19 vaccination status.”
Some state leaders have criticised the plan, with NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian declaring free movement in Australia should not be contingent on the vaccine.
Speaking after last Friday’s national cabinet meeting, Mr Morrison said how the certificate was used was up to the states and territories, such as allowing vaccinated Australians to bypass border closures caused by lockdowns.
“There is simply the opportunity for them to take this up if they wanted to provide an exemption in those circumstances where people had their vaccination in place,” he said.
After some mixed messaging about the proposed certificate, Services Australia bureaucrats confirmed at a Senate hearing last Friday that it would be rolled out within days. Australians are already able to see their immunisation history through the Medicare app, but the Covid-19 jab certificate will strip away other private information so that it could be presented to governments or businesses which made proof of vaccination a requisite.
Opposition assistant government services spokeswoman Kimberley Kitching said the government “spins like a whirling dervish” and “couldn’t get their story straight” about the plan.
Ms Reynolds said that once a person’s GP or the clinic where they received their second dose reported the full vaccination to authorities, the certificate would be immediately accessible through the myGov or Medicare apps.
Services Australia centres will also be able to print out hard copies.
It comes as an Essential poll shows the proportion of Victorians who believe the vaccine is being rolled out effectively has crashed from 67 per cent in March to 37 per cent this week.
There is particular concern among respondents about the pace of inoculating aged-care residents and workers.
Of those worried about delays, 58 per cent of Victorians blame the federal government and 21 per cent blame state governments.
tom.minear@news.com.au

Albynsw

I don’t really think that it is unreasonable. Europe is heading down the same path
For the benefit of the wider community you have to measure the risks and apply the appropriate restrictions to match.
You can’t expect a person who has taken appropriate risk reducing steps to still be penalised the same as those that are more prone to being infected or a carrier.
You still get to choose what path you wish to take

boobook

My turn on Friday.

I'm looking forward to being able to log into Windows 10 automatically when my new vaccine chip is in range of my Bill Gates Microsoft laptop.

I won't have to fill in my car tax log book because the government is already tracking me. And if I get lost in the bush a spy satellite will know where to come and find me.

The chip in my arm is 5G compatible so I won't have to upgrade my phone and best of all, there is no real Covid Vaccine, because covid doesn't exist.

This is fantastic stuff. I'm starting to like this anti-vax madness. :eek:

Now, how the hell do I unlock my Android phone? Damm you Bill Gates.

Baaa

Just quietly though, I think an anti-vaxxer or two may be the ones with a real chip on their shoulder. :D

Last edited:

Chatty

My turn on Friday.

I'm looking forward to being able to log into Windows 10 automatically when my new vaccine chip is in range of my Bill Gates Microsoft laptop.

I won't have to fill in my car tax log book because the government is already tracking me. And if I get lost in the bush a spy satellite will know where to come and find me.

The chip in my arm is 5G compatible so I won't have to upgrade my phone and best of all, there is no real Covid Vaccine, because covid doesn't exist.

This is fantastic stuff. I'm starting to like this anti-vax madness. :eek:

Now, how the hell do I unlock my Android phone? Damm you Bill Gates.

Baaa

Just quietly though, I think an anti-vaxxer or two may be the ones with a real chip on their shoulder. :D
Don't forget that the chip will also be able to automatically able to unlock doors, start your car remotely and pay for public transport.

No more timesheets or clocking on and off at work and your boss will know when you started work, when you were in the toilet and exactly what your productivity during the day was.

Kippie

Don't forget that the chip will also be able to automatically able to unlock doors, start your car remotely and pay for public transport.

No more timesheets or clocking on and off at work and your boss will know when you started work, when you were in the toilet and exactly what your productivity during the day was.
.....And the lights in your house will be on for FREE!!!

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
My second Astra shot is due next month, so to celebrate the occasion I got my sixty year old camera out to take a couple of pics. Does anyone have a spare negative roll I could have?
20210609_102717.jpg 20210609_103019.jpg

boobook

My second Astra shot is due next month, so to celebrate the occasion I got my sixty year old camera out to take a couple of pics. Does anyone have a spare negative roll I could have?
View attachment 71635 View attachment 71636
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP!!

Those new fanged devices steal your soul and put it perminantly on the film. Its dangerous and will kill you. Don't get Kodaxx film

You need to take advice from us Anti kodaxxers. :)

typhoeus

and, if govco decides it doesnt like it when you go off grid camping, they will penalise you via the social credit system they are secretly introducing, so that they can make you comply with whatever they want, and know all about you! bwahahahahaha!