Hattah- Kulkyne National Park

BUSHNUT

Okay I will get the ball rolling.

Hattah- Kulkyne National Park,

3 Areas, Free

Retail Bend - (Dogs are permitted), Firemans Bend, Jinkers Bend

How to get there

Head up the Calder highway towards Mildura, at Hattah take the road on your right to Robinvale for about 30 odd KM's look for River Track on your left Keep to the track you willcome to a junction turn Right over the Bridge, follow the track and you will find these sites, they are sign posted.

These are purely sit around and bludge kinda camps not much in the way of 4WD driving, you can get in with a normal car. Great sandy beachs , well sand banks anyway

That is until it rains then you need it all baby, I towed my camper trailer into there okay not a problem but after the rain which was only intermittent, coming out was a different story in the old GQ ( previous vehicle ) even with diff locks , I was driving 45 degrees to the direction I was travelling .

Bushnut

Attachments

• note paper.jpg
    note paper.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 296
  • note paper 1.jpg
    note paper 1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 279
  • note paper2.jpg
    note paper2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

sunburn

Takarakka Bush Camping. I recently stayed here at Carnarvon Gorge. Great bush camping with all the facilities you need, ie clean cooking and cleaning facilities and toilets. Un unpowered site is $28 for 2 adults. Probably the most expensive camping I did during my trip but this is a really nice spot and they put on a slideshow about the gorge a couple of nights a week that is well worth it.

From here you can swim in the water holes up the canyon, take a walk up the gorge and see the high cliffs, natural fridge's, moss gardens, see Platypus, and more. Great spot to drive to from Brissy if you have 4 or 5 days to spare!

Central Station camping ground at Fraser Island is great too. Only $5.50 each per night and you get to camp right in the middle of a nice dense bush with massive trees. It has toilets and $1 showers if you want a hot one. Plenty of walking tracks from here and also easy access down the Eurong Track to the beach. If you want to do harder tracks then take anything but the Eurong track! Lake McKenzie is about 8km away too. A great spot for a swim!

241627_n705995822_1455400_1422.jpg

chopper

Takarakka Bush Camping. I recently stayed here at Carnarvon Gorge. Great bush camping with all the facilities you need, ie clean cooking and cleaning facilities and toilets. Un unpowered site is $28 for 2 adults. Probably the most expensive camping I did during my trip but this is a really nice spot and they put on a slideshow about the gorge a couple of nights a week that is well worth it.

From here you can swim in the water holes up the canyon, take a walk up the gorge and see the high cliffs, natural fridge's, moss gardens, see Platypus, and more. Great spot to drive to from Brissy if you have 4 or 5 days to spare!

Central Station camping ground at Fraser Island is great too. Only $5.50 each per night and you get to camp right in the middle of a nice dense bush with massive trees. It has toilets and $1 showers if you want a hot one. Plenty of walking tracks from here and also easy access down the Eurong Track to the beach. If you want to do harder tracks then take anything but the Eurong track! Lake McKenzie is about 8km away too. A great spot for a swim!

230067_n705995822_1455400_1422.jpg

I'm right there with you on those two Sunburn, great spots. ;)

I'll add the Burrum Coast National Park in there too, the campsite (with facilities) at Burrum Point is great, but up the beach at Kinkuna (nothing but sand, sea, and casuarinas) is awesome.:cool:

mallebull

Hey Bushnut, It looks like a place i used to go as i little kid with my family when we lived in ouyen, would love to check it out with my family one day.

Mallebull