Has anyone joined 2 Adventure Kings stretchers together for a Big Daddy Deluxe swag

my5bratz

Hi All, going away for a month at xmas and looking to get the swags off the ground. We have the Adventure Kings Big Daddy Deluxe swags and at 1600 wide they are a bit wider than the queen stretchers I've found. Hub thinks we can just strap 2 of the Kings ones together (slightly offset to allow sides to join) Has anyone done this. Thanks

Triton14

Yeah I wouldnt fancy a bar in my back!

I have a big daddy, love it, but it is big.

Have a look at the mainstream options-

Personally I don't see the point, just more weight to carry & something else to pack but hey each to their own.

Colly18

Personally I don't see the point, just more weight to carry & something else to pack but hey each to their own.

I agree. I tend to steer away from anything that adds to camp set-up or pack-up time. I guess it depends on why the OP wants to use camp stretchers? But if it is to provide a barrier between the swag and earth or to provide some extra comfort because the swag mattress does not do an adequate job, then maybe a couple yoga mats is an easy solution? Or replace the Kings mattresses if they are not adequate, with better quality high density foam (not cheap, but worth the investment i.m.o.)

Triton14

Ditch the big daddy and buy a tent , the packed up size of those swags is ridiculous.
It is big packed up, its probably 25% bigger than the RV5 I just bought.
But then with the RV I still need to add mattress/self inflating mattress/s, stretcher(if using one) so about the same really, if your using a stretcher its probably bigger.
Horses for courses I say.