Hardshell RTT but With an Annex?

Kouf97

Hey guys I currently have a Darche 2200 on my camper trailer/hauler but was looking to go a hard shell to make pack up quicker and have permanent mounting for my solar panel.

The only problem is finding one with a downstairs room, the Darche is awesome for this and it makes snow trips so much better having somewhere to hang and dry the boots and gear, or when the misses come camping a change room.

Also the largest Hardshell available would be good, currently, the bed is 2200x2400 and it would be a shame to go much smaller.

The current setup is like this but I usually have it on my larger trailer.
IMG_2571.JPG

Thanks

Albynsw

I am not aware of any hard shell jobbie that big. You could use a awning with walls to add extra room to compliment a standard hard shell tent ?
I went from a standard size RTT like yours to a hard shell and wouldn’t go back, it takes longer to climb the ladder than to put it up and pack up :cool:

boobook

iKamper maybe, it has lots of accessories and apparently sleeps 4. 2.1m x 2 sleeping area.

Kouf97

I am not aware of any hard shell jobbie that big. You could use a awning with walls to add extra room to compliment a standard hard shell tent ?
I went from a standard size RTT like yours to a hard shell and wouldn’t go back, it takes longer to climb the ladder than to put it up and pack up :cool:

I've got a 270 awning on the other side but it's got my kitchen, tables, and all that sort of stuff under it. I'm starting to think about getting a larger cover for the Darche made so I can still fold it up with sleeping bags and all that stuff. Hopefully, save some time that way. The standard hardshell would be great a lot of the time but when im camping down the snow and you have sleet falling in the morning or its pissing down rain I wouldn't have a hope in hell waking the misses up to climb down the ladder.

Had a look at the iKamper looks great but still no option for the downstairs annex just a bit of an Awning.

Ocam do one but the quality seems to be not so good at all, seen my mates buy some of their gear and I've fitted heaps of the bullbars and was far from impressed

dusta77

I've got a 270 awning on the other side but it's got my kitchen, tables, and all that sort of stuff under it. I'm starting to think about getting a larger cover for the Darche made so I can still fold it up with sleeping bags and all that stuff. Hopefully, save some time that way. The standard hardshell would be great a lot of the time but when im camping down the snow and you have sleet falling in the morning or its pissing down rain I wouldn't have a hope in hell waking the misses up to climb down the ladder.

Had a look at the iKamper looks great but still no option for the downstairs annex just a bit of an Awning.

Ocam do one but the quality seems to be not so good at all, seen my mates buy some of their gear and I've fitted heaps of the bullbars and was far from impressed

the skycamp does indeed come with an annexe

Kouf97

the skycamp does indeed come with an annexe

Awesome thanks mate don't know how I missed that.

dusta77

Awesome thanks mate don't know how I missed that.
no probs. i too have a hiview but the 1800 . my mate has a skycamp and i have thought about changing as there are a few design flaws in the hiview which really shit me like gaps that you can't close and insects have a field day . but at $4500 there is other stuff i would rather spend my money on than an ikamper as awesome as they are

mikehzz

It doesn't take long to fall down the ladder. :)