Haloumi & Lentil salad **YUMMO**

Walkabout

Tried this for lunch today and we want to have it again for dinner !! the missus got the recipie off the net and it seriously rocks.

It's quick and easy to prepare, could do it camping easy as.

Ingredients (serves 4)
2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced (optional)
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves, shredded
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
250g block haloumi cheese
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/ Combine lentils, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, lemon juice and oil in a bowl. Season then toss to combine.
2/ Cut haloumi lengthways into 8 slices. Pat-dry with paper towels. Dust lightly with flour and shake off excess.
3/ Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi, in batches, for 2 minutes each side, or until golden.
4/ Drain haloumi on paper towels. Serve lentil salad topped with warm haloumi.

** tell your friends or family that the cheese was off :eek: then smuggle it away to devour.

WILKAT

Where's the MEAT!!!!
Only joking!
It sounds nice will have to try.
PS.I LOVE my meat,but my wife has been getting me on to other meals without meat & I must admit that it is a change in our eating habits & quite yummy.

croozza

what ever happened to a good old mixed grill, steak, snags, bacon, lamb cutlets/chops, eggs, thinly sliced potato on the bbq will make chips also.......
Yes you can get low fat snags and bacon.

Walkabout

Hey I am no vegan.. but some vegitarian dishes are awesome and make for a nice varied diet.
Smaller portions would be a great entree before a roast lamb in the camp oven.

cloughcarib

Haloumi is amazing. Fried Cheese, what could be better!!!

Recipe sounds YUM Gordon(not a big fan of mint, but I'll give any recipe a try).