GURU Maps & Pro & GPS Tracker App - Reviews?

Albynsw

Rob, just re reading your post here.

I am pretty sure if you have the Hema 4wd app, You can download Memory Maps and use the maps you already have plus buy or import others.. Better still you shoudl be able to do the same with Memory Maps for all. This has so much flexibility in the screen layout and functions. If you use the same account login as your Hema 4wd app then it should all be there for use.

I have already asked that question and it is a no go, you have to start again with a new license

“If you bought maps using Apple "In-App" purchasing within the old Memory-Map or in the Hema app, these are unfortunately not usable in Memory-Map for All. Apple's rules require the purchase to be used only within the app in which you made the purchase.”

https://memory-map.com/mm-fa-help/topics/purchased-maps.htm

Did I just restore some tech cred?

boobook

I have already asked that question and it is a no go, you have to start again with a new license

“If you bought maps using Apple "In-App" purchasing within the old Memory-Map or in the Hema app, these are unfortunately not usable in Memory-Map for All. Apple's rules require the purchase to be used only within the app in which you made the purchase.”

https://memory-map.com/mm-fa-help/topics/purchased-maps.htm
Reason 20202020223957439857398589316589353486953895 not to buy Apple products.

boobook

does the same rules apply in Android based apps? Assume they would.

I've never come across that rule. I use my maps for Memory Map on Windows, Android, and my tablet, and for memory Maps and MMFA. I've purchased them on any and all of these platforms, and they just all work.

I think it's an Apple rule so they make revenue.

Albynsw

I've never come across that rule. I use my maps for Memory Map on Windows, Android, and my tablet, and for memory Maps and MMFA. I've purchased them on any and all of these platforms, and they just all work.

I think it's an Apple rule so they make revenue.

I guess Memory Maps doesnt make any revenue out of it either if you bring your own maps with you and they are paying a fee to use Apple system

boobook

I guess Memory Maps doesnt make any revenue out of it either if you bring your own maps with you and they are paying a fee to use Apple system

Memory Maps is like a reseller. You can buy those same maps ( hema westprint topo 25K etc) through their online shop. That way you can run the same maps on any platform. Also, they charge a one-off fee for importing free paper and TIF maps.

I have maps going back to 2008 that I still use and only paid for once.

Savtriton

Had a trip recently and Dirt Map was very good in general for working out where we had to go etc.

I think one thing that lets these maps down is they display something as a “track” but it’s no public access. Again I am new at maps and have a lack of understanding.

Newtracs seems to be doing the best in this regard it’s very clear what is an accessible track. The free version is decent but I would have loved CarPlay accessibility and to get that you need to pay a monthly or yearly subscription It’s just the cost is way too much for me.

I haven’t found an alternative that has CarPlay unfortunately according to one of the devs for Explorer Oz traveller it makes sense as to why. Apparently Apple and Google have a different set of requirements and restrictions for apps to be CarPlay and Android Auto compatible. Basically they need to write a whole new app that has the restrictions in place. It was an interesting read I’ll try and find it if anyone is interested. It would explain Newtracs pricing though.