GU Turbo - Issue Solved

ozne

I have a 2003 GU 3.0 Turbo. Having an issue in that the turbo is working intermittently. My mechanic has replaced two switches and the MAV sensor. Still the same.
Has anyone had this issue or similar. Also does anyone know of a diesel mechanic with a dyno in Melbourne

Rusty Panels

Sorry mate but I've never heard of one working intermittently. Normally they either spin or they don't, no in-between. The only thing I can think of is leaking intake or tight bearing in the turbo.
GU Patrols are not rare so it shouldn't be hard to have it diagnosed.

Wara

Are the earlier ones variable vain? Sounds like it needs replaced, turbo either spins or it doesn’t.. any other reason Involves boost leak

ozne

I have a 2003 GU 3.0 Turbo. Having an issue in that the turbo is working intermittently. My mechanic has replaced two switches and the MAV sensor. Still the same.
Has anyone had this issue or similar. Also does anyone know of a diesel mechanic with a dyno in Melbourne
Finally sorted. Bit more information on the issue as well.

Has been surging sporadically as speed increased. It was like someone was flicking a switch on the turbo at random on and off.

Checked air filter and fuel filter, fuel tank pick up and fuel lines and also dropped the fuel tank - all good. Still losing power when trying to accelerate up hills and spasmodically when driving

When in fifth gear, the car drove like normal. Occasionally I noticed that the surging had all but stopped completely as well as leaving the car feeling like the turbo was non existent, except still in fifth gear.

I am pleased to say that it turned out to be the Gearbox Neutral Sensor. Replaced and not an issue. Thanks to Warragul Diesal

Last edited: