gq diff ratio on auto

mud mav

hi everyone I run 33" baja claws on my maverick auto, and find it runs away to quick down hills. and struggle to get up really steep stuff.
I am wondering which ratio I should run,currently have 3.9 diff gears. will 4.6 gears be enough as I want to go to 35" tyres in the future.
any help would be apreciated.
cheers, Mud Mav:cool:

Jarh73

I think you will find that you will need reduction gears in the transfer case.

Obviously that won't help on road but will solve all of your off road issues and allow you to run 35 tyres with ease.

I don't think diff ratio change will make enough difference for the cost involved.

Cheers

Justin

InSanE

yea mate 4.6:1 will be prefect and with 35's it will bring you to pretty much standard gearing 4.3:1 is good for 33's but being an auto you will want 4.6 gearing for better low range.

Jarh73

yea mate 4.6:1 will be prefect and with 35's it will bring you to pretty much standard gearing 4.3:1 is good for 33's but being an auto you will want 4.6 gearing for better low range.

Only catch is that it will bring it back to standard but often standard is not low enough for many people in the first place.

What is the current/standard diff ratio for an auto GQ?

Cheers

Justin

mud mav

Only catch is that it will bring it back to standard but often standard is not low enough for many people in the first place.

What is the current/standard diff ratio for an auto GQ?

Cheers

Justin

I am pretty sure my ratios are 3.9. and your right in saying that standard usually is not low enough, because my truck could have used more engine braking down steep stuff when I had standard tyres. thanks I value everyones comments
cheers Mud Mav