Google earth

cptmud

Looks like google are going to be updating shoertly, spied one of their camera cars survaying the traralgon area today

millsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
This looks like its going to be a 'where's Wally' thread! I spotted 'him' two days in a row, about 7.15am in the morning on my way to work - Philip Highway, Elizabeth. That was early December last year. Its amazing where he goes - right across the Nullabor, up to Tibooburra, Cape Le Grande Conservation Park in WA. Hardly need to go on holiday any more. If you want to know what its like at Oodla-woop-woop, just go with Wally on the Google Street View!

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Not sure about the date stamps on the satellite images anyway. The picture of my house shows a concrete path in the back yard. I dug this thing up almost three years ago, but all the dates I can see on the image say 2009 or 2010. Maybe I am looking at the wrong date stamp.

Last edited:

croozza

Not sure about the date stamps on the satellite images anyway. The picture of my house shows a concrete path in the back yard. I dug this thing up almost three years ago, but all the dates I can see on the image say 2009 or 2010. Maybe I am looking at the wrong date stamp.

at least you have green grass.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
When you use Google maps, I can't find the date the image was taken but in Google Earth is does have a date stamp when you zoom in at the bottom left corner of the image (see attached image)

Attachments

• google Earth map.jpg
    google Earth map.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 69

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Google Earth and maps are extremely handy when looking for new houses to live in. You can measure the house size to work out the squares this house is, see the yard and also look at the houses around the area. This gives you some tools to help make up if this is worth seeing or not.

I have uses to to work out tracks and trips before leaving my computer.