Goodride Mud tyres

djlabby79

Hey,
Just wanted to let people know of a chinese tyre that I'm running and so far, love.

GoodRide Mud terrains
265/75/16

These are unfortunately the biggest I could get for my LC 105, but so far I have done the Guinacor FT and Swallow Tail FT on my first time out then on another trip to Yalwal and Monkey Gum FT. My truck has only the standard suspension and standard driveline, but I was able to get everywhere my mate in a GU, lifted, 33"s and a locker went, without being assisted.
On the road, they are fairly quiet so far as muddies are concerned, though they are louder than the BFG A/T they replaced, but even handled pretty well on the street.

My biggest selling point was that they were $150 a tyre from a friend in Wollongong.

I'm sure people are going to say that chinese tyres blah blah blah.. Sure.. But at this point in time, I can't praise them enough.

Attachments

• goodridemtsl366.jpg
    goodridemtsl366.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 953

dno67

I've been running some Goodride mud & snow 7.50 16s 14 ply on my small work truck and they've preformed well above my expectations, there now are up for replacement without so much as a puncture. They've been through hell in the tips and on building sites, I did have concerns when I first fitted them up as they were like driving with halve flat tyres for the first month or so. A combination of very deep tread and very soft rubber. They settled down after about a month and
I'd happily fit them again if I hadn't have sold the truck yesterday. lol

djlabby79

dno67
Yeah I was quite surprised about these as well. The tyre fitter who sold me mine said he had a customer who did the Cape and back in a Navara Ute and absolutely loved them. He said they are also one of the quietest muddies. I jumped in my mates patrol one day, he has Cooper STT in 33's and they just howl on the road no end. Mine do sing, but it's too be expected.

dno67

Here's a pic of the tread pattern I was running, it's very hard to get an aggressive mud
pattern in 7.50 16 with a high ply rating. I priced replacements recently and was quoted
$280.00 a tyre, more than reasonable for the service I got from them.

Attachments

• DSCF0477.JPG
    DSCF0477.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,127

Swaggie

Here's a pic of the tread pattern I was running, it's very hard to get an aggressive mud
pattern in 7.50 16 with a high ply rating. I priced replacements recently and was quoted
$280.00 a tyre, more than reasonable for the service I got from them.

Do you have to pay extra for the side biters lol..

2luxes

I'm sure people are going to say that chinese tyres blah blah blah.. Sure.. But at this point in time, I can't praise them enough.

Six years ago I had a long phone conversation about extremely remote desert travel with Mick Hutton from Beadell Tours. Beadell Tours - Tyre Information Some of their trips leave the tracks and go up to 800ks cross country.

His tyres were very heavily constructed MRF cross plies from India. I thought he would also use MRF tubes but when I asked he said "heavy duty Chinese, not everything from China is rubbish".

I have a very close relative who deals extensively with China and is always up there with new products for them to make for him. He said they will build parts to whatever standard of quality you want. If you want something very cheap they will make. If you want good quality, they can do that as well.

I am not surprised they are turning out some good tyres. I could not imagine their own people constantly accepting rubbish.

djlabby79

That's exactly it. They are made for their local domestic market and also subcontract for other manufacturers, so they must not be too bad. One of the guys at opposite lock I know uses the all terrains and rates them.
After my second run of monkey gum with the track worse than before, no diff lock, no winch, free spinning LSD, stock suspension, 105 lc, no problems, not once did I feel the need to be pulled or winched when the Prado we had needed a few pulls.
Hey, if I can get through monkey gum, I'm sure I could get through the majority of tracks ill comes across.
Still all smiles from me.

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer
Had reason to go past the Car yard I mentioned earlier, so stopped and had a look at them.
Really look pretty good, very much like the Federal Couragia in tread pattern.

akin

So are we still happy with these tyres? Need to buy 6 new ones in a couple of months and looking for alternatives

muc the truck

I had some 31''x15'' woosung china tyres and travelled 80,000 out of them and retired them with legal car tread . Minimal in the amount of lead weights . I had a staked side wall and a tyre shop in Brisbane sent it away for a sidewall repair when they were almost new . I finished off the tyres with no issues

muc the truck

Where did you grab them from mate ? never heard of em
I bought a Isuzu mu , I was the first Australian owner and the gold coast car yard fitted them before I came to look at it . I tried to replace them but by this time I was living in Victoria and couldn't find them .

Googled Woosung tyres out of curiosity, the company changed their name in 2000 to Nexen Tyres.
I'd never heard of those either until I recently picked up a set of 50 percent worn AT's for the bargain price of $60.
Havent fitted them yet, will be interesting to see how they go.

rob_macca67

Opening up an old thread.... Any more reviews on these Goodride tyres? I bought a set for my Landy and they're a good tyre but do get noisy over time. I bought 235/85/16 so the wider ones might fair a bit better?