Change background image

Good value Hilux?

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by turfandsurf, Jan 13, 2018.

1. turfandsurf

turfandsurf New Member

2. Noel Preston

Noel Preston Active Member

Looks expensive to me for a 1999 model with 302,000kms on the clock. But you have to pay for the Toyota badge.

turfandsurf likes this.
  3. turfandsurf

turfandsurf New Member

I agree, considering the cost of this car is only 9k with the same number of kms. does having a diesel engine on the first car make that much difference?
    https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Hilux-1998/SSE-AD-5122648/?Cr=10

edit: Hoping to find a good bargain for around the 10k mark, neither of these are it i don't think. Thnx for the reply, its really good to have input from a 3rd party. All the best mate!! I'll keep hunting for that first 4x4!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

The diesels do command quite a bit more $$$ so the price may not be far off the mark
    You need to decide if you better off with a diesel or not though

Swaggie likes this.
  5. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Price doesn't seem to high , they are a good reliable vehicle , odometer seems about right . @Swaggie could provide some useful info on these .

6. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

That's it Alby plus he'll burn through the difference in no time if he buys a auto petrol..lol

Albynsw likes this.
  7. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

Good value Hilux? Is that a rhetorical question?
    No:p

Swaggie likes this.
  8. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

They are good value when selling ....... you don’t do your arse like the pommie stuff TIC :p

discomatt and Swaggie like this.
  9. Cyberess

Cyberess Active Member

Yeah that would work quite well in Darwin if it's in good nick, and possibly have good resell as well. The main issue that's in Sydney, and you would be looking at something like $3000 freight to Darwin, plus you might have a bit of difficulty checking the vehicle out, and fixing issues in Darwin costs $$$$.
    What about a brand thats a bit to the side, has no Toyota tax, something like a Nissan D22
    https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Navara-2006/SSE-AD-5089906/?Cr=2

D22 is a bit of under rated vehicle, but easy to lift and modify

BTW: I know nothing about that vehicle it's just an add out of Car Sales for discussion, and would you have to add a bullbar and snorkel, to make it a good off road vehicle.

Noel Preston likes this.
  10. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Id take the hilux , Navara won't be worth 2 bob in a couple of years .

phs and Albynsw like this.