Gold Coast Holiday Park, Helensvale, QLD

We just did 2 nights tent camping at this holiday park. Really good spot away from other campers and very quiet. It backed onto a river so there were some mozzies but worth it for the location. Has a great pool and kids entertainment.

This place has recently become a BIG4 location, and it has improved since our last visit in 2017.

This was a proving trip for tent camping in the 4WD, we hope to go to some national parks next. Anyone have any recommendations for quiet national park tent camping sites in SEQ?

Attachments

dabbler

Springbrook always seems on the empty side outside school hols, long weekends and summer weekends. A variety of walks from minute to hours around the area. Campsites are separated by bushes/foliage.

I spent 3 nights (last Fri-Mon) in Dandabah, Bunya Mtns. Great spot with modern.daclities (free hot showers !) but noisy at night with crying babies when I was there. A different group each night too, must be popular for overnight stays. Big open grassy area but no defined or bookable sites.
IMG20190526152303.jpg

Petunia

Bunya Mts ... check the local weather reports, I can spit on them from here, -3 to 0 this week, it has actually snowed on the Bunyas on occasions. [cold day in hell, that]

Top spot in D'aguilar State Forest

Crowsnest Falls

Benarkin State Forest, 2 camp areas, the second furtherest is nicest. [don't go in there in the wet]

Goomburra State Forest

Cant go past Lamington National Park

Somerset Dam

Thanks so much for the suggestions @Petunia and @dabbler, we will definitely check some of these out.

I kind of like the 'unallocated' site idea when it's not busy, and it seems in private caravan parks at least that unpowered sites are bigger and more isolated, which we don't mind, so I think we will do this in the future. We have always gone to fully serviced sites up to now, as pre-4WD we had limited capacity.