GME XRS-330CP vs 370C

Which would you or have you, buy?

• Total voters
Hi guys,
I've just joined here, basically to get a recommendation on the GME XRS UHF CBs. I see that there is the 330CP and the 370C. Price difference is negligible and as far as I can make out the main differences are that the 330CP has no speaker on the head unit, only in the speaker mic, and comes with a suction mount, a small magmount antenna and a carry case. The 370C has a speaker on the head unit and none of the other bits.

So my question is: do you think that the head unit speaker is so useful that you would choose the 370C, or is the mic speaker is good enough to make the 370CP better value with its accessories?

2nd, does the 330CP have a speaker out connection, which I could easily connect to my car radio aux input?

mac_man_luke

Seems the more accurate comparison is the 370C vs 330C - CP is just a pack with extra stuff.
Cant seem to see much difference but the 370 must have something to justify the extra $50

IMO they are overpriced, the ICOM IC450 can be had for half the price and is a great radio.
The GPS / Location stuff is nice but only is of any use if everyone has one.

mauriceb

Not sure if they make the gme's like they use to .Would you believe my GME 472s that i purchased new in 1990 is still operational today,Including a 472D, never once were they repaired . I replaced it early last year for a Icom 400 pro . Biggest drawback for me on the icom is the unfriendly squech sequence when you need to adjust it on the fly.

Spooner

Ive got a GME TX3500S I think it is , nearly 3 years old.
Still works a treat , I must admit I was dubious at 1st as it had the speaker in the mic .
Compact and out of the way unit.
Being a truck driver, nearly everyone uses the more basic GME UHF units in their rig x 2 normally.
I think the main thing is to match the right antenna to it for your needs, whatever the brand of UHF unit is.
That would make the biggest difference to if you are happy with it or not ;)
image006.jpg

Well, I just purchased the XRS-330CP. It does have a speaker socket, but the speaker mic is excellent. I like the packaging as it allows me to easily move it between vehicles. The GPS tagging is a brilliant feature, as long as others in your group also have XRS.
Ryda has $100 off at the moment so I got the XRS 330CP for $429, which I think is pretty good.
BTW, I have an iCom IC-40S, which uses such crap plastic covering on the coil power cable that it had disintegrated while sitting inside the box. So much for iCom quality! Living in Oz, I prefer to support local manufacturers as long as the product delivers good quality. Will have o wait and see how the 330CP goes.

Marck

I quite like the XRS radios. Nice neat little radios. I have an icom remote mic unit and it’s also great. I think with any name brand radio you will have a reasonable life out it. The only thing I have seen on a mates XRS is it seems to transmit a sort of hiss / crackel from time to time. We think we have narrowed it down to when he holds the mic a little to far away. So maybe some sort of issue with the noise suppression in the radio. But it doesn’t seem to affect the overall performance of the radio.

boobook

Seems the more accurate comparison is the 370C vs 330C - CP is just a pack with extra stuff.
Cant seem to see much difference but the 370 must have something to justify the extra $50

IMO they are overpriced, the ICOM IC450 can be had for half the price and is a great radio.
The GPS / Location stuff is nice but only is of any use if everyone has one.
The other massive difference is the scan rate. the GME scans 80 channels in 1.5 seconds, the Icom takes 8 - 40 depending on the options you have turned on. 8 seconds is too slow.

I have an iCom IC-40S, which uses such crap plastic covering on the coil power cable that it had disintegrated while sitting inside the box. So much for iCom quality! Living in Oz, I prefer to support local manufacturers as long as the product delivers good quality. Will have o wait and see how the 330CP goes.
That's interesting I have 2x Icom 41S Handhelds,there over 10 years old now,both still on original batteries and still hold there charge very well etc...They have been bullet proof......
One is 80 channel,the other I havn't bothered to upgrade the channels yet...

Cheers

in general the difference between the 330 and 370 is $30. So it becomes a no brainer to choose the 370. It has better components, better housing and construction (steel instead of plastic), 1 year extra warranty, extra speaker to fill the sound, and a magnetic mic mount which in itself is $30 anyway, so it's a no brainer.
As for it being better than Icom. Unfortunately not between the 370 and the IC450. 370 has the edge this time around. Better in volume, sound quality, scan rate, update ability and PERFORMANCE. Icom has dropped the ball a little since the IC440N, that's the best 80 channel radio ever.